Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Incorrect Ingredients

THese guys are marketing geniuses.  Be careful of the claims and products.  I have the soap which I like but it is pricey.  I will stick to my locally made soap makers (Inde Goat Soap) which is wonderful, simple and fair.

Contributor

One of the poster recommended products from Goat Milk Stuff.  I tried several of their products and love them.  Shipping was quick.  Thank you for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

You might want to contact HSN about that.

@Alison Wonderland

I don't know why it says bottle when I was talking about a bar of soap.

I did. Reply here:

I am sorry that the ingredients are different then what is listed on the bottle.

I understand the importance of your concerns and appreciate that you have shared them with us. Your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate department and will be reviewed thoroughly. Feedback such as yours contributes to the overall success of our company.

I hope you allow us another opportunity in the future to give you a better shopping experience. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Rachael

hsn.com Customer Service

Looks like their standard, scripted reply. Thanks for pointing this out @Nightowlz. I am very curious as to why the discrepencies. I also hope this isn't a case of HSN enticing the vendor to change the formula and make the product cheaper. I have found quality differences between HSN offered products and retail products with some of HSN's other vendors. 

I have as well which makes me very leery of buying certain products, particularly skincare, from HSN.  I remember a line of skincare products sold on HSN. Her story was that she started making the products in her home.  Her name I believe was Vinnie. 

Eventually it came out that the products being sold on HSN were not the same as what was being sold in retail.  The "famous" active ingredient she used that was supposed to be the game changer was in a far lesser percentage in HSN products.

Respected Contributor

You have all pointed out great reasons to not  buy these products.  The lack of goat's milk , the false claims and not answering questions.  I too am a lover of Goats Milk Stuff soap bars.  #1 ingredient:  Goats Milk.  Fantastic customer service.  Their laundry soap is great as well.

Honored Contributor

Why is there no honey in these products that have honey in the name? 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

THese guys are marketing geniuses.  Be careful of the claims and products.  I have the soap which I like but it is pricey.  I will stick to my locally made soap makers (Inde Goat Soap) which is wonderful, simple and fair.

This is 100% true. I almost bought a bar of their Scent of Autumn soap and then saw the label read "chemical-free" and left the site. No way I'm paying for nothing.

If there's an ingredient in something, it's a chemical - because that's how the world works. Water is a chemical and water is in all soap. Saying something is "chemical-free" tells me you're only concerned with marketing hype and think your consumers are too dumb for science.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Why is there no honey in these products that have honey in the name? 

@San Antonio Gal

That's the same question I asked when they started selling their products on Evine. When they talk about these soaps they act like there is honey in it. If there is their labels are not correct. 

I would think the label is correct & what HSN has on their site is incorrect.

They need to quit saying there is honey in a product if it's not in there. Guess I need to turn them in. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

This is 100% true. I almost bought a bar of their Scent of Autumn soap and then saw the label read "chemical-free" and left the site. No way I'm paying for nothing.

If there's an ingredient in something, it's a chemical - because that's how the world works. Water is a chemical and water is in all soap. Saying something is "chemical-free" tells me you're only concerned with marketing hype and think your consumers are too dumb for science.

@Alison Wonderland

Chemicals too me are not water but yes I guess it's probably got some in it. I think I know what they mean when they say chemical free. It's like using the word Natural on certain products. It means absolutely nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

One of the poster recommended products from Goat Milk Stuff.  I tried several of their products and love them.  Shipping was quick.  Thank you for the recommendation.

@buddysgirl same here! I first ordered during this visit, just to make sure the line didn't change when they moved to hsn. The reviews seem very good still!  I ordered the goat milk shampoo & conditoner and the duo hand salve (all fragrance free). After reading this thread I looked at the ingredients again- each have goats milk in them ! Woman Wink I was tempted by the wipes-  but I have so many 'Yes to...' unopened packages still, I can wait on them.

Respected Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

I am one of a group of people who love the Goat Milk Stuff soaps and their lip balm as well.  Their products ship very fast and they are quality.