Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

My sister had her eyebrows tattooed because they were so thin after plucking them in her youth. The first time she had them done they were too heavy-looking but they look better now. I guess that's an option then, huh?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee

My sister had her eyebrows tattooed because they were so thin after plucking them in her youth. The first time she had them done they were too heavy-looking but they look better now. I guess that's an option then, huh?

I've thought about tattoo brows but they tell you you have to remove your real ones buy plucking, shaving or have them permanently lasered away. Then once you get the tattoos then you have to go back and get re-touched every now and then because, as you mentioned, they fade. Not sure I want to do that. @Texasmouse

Respected Contributor

SilleeMee wrote: 

I've thought about tattoo brows but they tell you you have to remove your real ones buy plucking, shaving or have them permanently lasered away. Then once you get the tattoos then you have to go back and get re-touched every now and then because, as you mentioned, they fade. Not sure I want to do that. @Texasmouse

I don't think you have to remove your eyebrows with Microblading (from what I recall).  It's different from traditional permanent makeup (which you may already know).  I've been wanting to get mine done for almost 2 years now, but it's kind of costly, and I'm also still a little afraid, even though I've seen great results.  My natural brows are fine, but I would like them to appear to be a little fuller in some areas.  And yes, you do have to have a retouch around 6 months later.  I think I remember you then only have to go back once a year or so.  I may have mine done this summer, and take a few vacation days, as your brow area is a little red for a few days afterwards. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I use "Joan Rivers Beauty Great Hair Day Fill-In Powder" for my brows.  It's actually designed for bald spots on the scalp and I know there's one made for the brows, but I've always used the one for the scalp.  My brows are dark brown and this matches perfectly and looks very natural. 

I do the same thing @San Antonio Gal. A little goes a long way with that powder.

Respected Contributor

When I see any threads about brows, it brings back a good memory of my sweet Aunt.

Now this was over 60 years ago and she did it till her death.

She shaved her brows and painted them with a very dark eyebrow pencil. She didn't wear any make-up except bright red lipstick. She was a hoot and I loved her so much.

Regular Contributor

Hey VenturaHighway, 

Reminds me of my great aunt Norma!  Loved her, she lived in so. Calif.  AND she claimed many stories of personal friendships with movie stars.  We never really believed them. But she sure did the lipstick thing!

Valued Contributor

My brows are not symmetrical.  A make up artist said that brows are sisters and do not have to be identical.  I was going to purchase the It brow powder but I thought about it and decided to stay with the Two Faced Choclate one that I have,

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am not a fan of those Groucho Marx brows on women.   I noticed that some hosts and some models seem to prefer thick painted on brows. They are not for me.

They are too dark, too thick and masculine looking for my taste.  I prefer soft and pretty brows that look natural.

@Carmie  They are quite aging....too many women copying YouTube videos of brows. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Larger question is why do women insist on panting on eyebrows anyway ? Men don't do it. How much money is wasted each year on needless cosmetic purchases when you think about it. Over the course of a lifetime that would be some pretty nice retirement sums to have.

@Reever  Most men do not wear makeup and cannot conceal  pimples, rosacea, dark circles under the eyes either.

In fact, a well maintained, groomed brow does frame the face. Brows are the only part of our faces that we can change to alter the appearance of face shape. A brow that is highly arched can slim a round face and more straight across brow can widen the look of a long narrow one.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you really think they ever create a "natural" anything? Everything in the makeup department is always so exaggerated, so I guess I can exaggerate in my question!