Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Larger question is why do women insist on panting on eyebrows anyway ? Men don't do it. How much money is wasted each year on needless cosmetic purchases when you think about it. Over the course of a lifetime that would be some pretty nice retirement sums to have.

@Reever

To those who have brows it may seem ridiculous.  I can count the hairs in my brows.  I've had skin cancer on my brow area so tattooing is not an option.  Without brows I look like a light bulb.  I have no choice, if I want brows I must pencil them on. (I then cover them with my bangs)

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

When I see any threads about brows, it brings back a good memory of my sweet Aunt.

Now this was over 60 years ago and she did it till her death.

She shaved her brows and painted them with a very dark eyebrow pencil. She didn't wear any make-up except bright red lipstick. She was a hoot and I loved her so much.

@VenturaHighway  Wow. Meaning no disrespect, but sounds like a Bettye Davis/Joan Crawford moment.

Esteemed Contributor

I lost my brows due to illness and medication.  I love the IT brow power!!!  It stays on and that is most helpful to me.  Obviously, I don't apply the way the models/vendors do.  I've tried many different products and this one works for me.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

SilleeMee wrote: 

I've thought about tattoo brows but they tell you you have to remove your real ones buy plucking, shaving or have them permanently lasered away. Then once you get the tattoos then you have to go back and get re-touched every now and then because, as you mentioned, they fade. Not sure I want to do that. @Texasmouse

I don't think you have to remove your eyebrows with Microblading (from what I recall).  It's different from traditional permanent makeup (which you may already know).  I've been wanting to get mine done for almost 2 years now, but it's kind of costly, and I'm also still a little afraid, even though I've seen great results.  My natural brows are fine, but I would like them to appear to be a little fuller in some areas.  And yes, you do have to have a retouch around 6 months later.  I think I remember you then only have to go back once a year or so.  I may have mine done this summer, and take a few vacation days, as your brow area is a little red for a few days afterwards. 

You are correct @I like celery

You do NOT have to remove your current eyebrows to get them Microbladed, which is a type of tatooing (spelling?)

Around here, it costs $500 - $600 and yes, 6 mos retouch and yes, then 1 year retouches.  I have never had it done, but 2 friends have.

The results are a bit stark at first, but then did tame down and looks great now.  They both said it DID hurt though.

BTW- my brow hairs are ALL the same color...very dark brown.

I already received the IT brow powder and brush.  Still trying it out but love it so far.

No fall out of the powder

Able to match my dark brows with only 1-2 swipes.

Sticks to bald spots (bare skin)

Looks TOTALLY natural

Lasts all day

Honored Contributor

I don’t care for the really dark and heavy brows that are obviously painted on, but I do add a bit of color to my brows. I have dark blonde hair with highlights, and I prefer a blonde eyebrow pencil and spoolie brush to blend the color. I used a taupe or light brown brow color in the past, but as I age I think the lighter more subtle color is better. My brows are very fair and using brow color really frames my eyes and face. I have used several drugstore brands and they work fine for me. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

I don't think you have to remove your eyebrows with Microblading (from what I recall).  It's different from traditional permanent makeup (which you may already know).  I've been wanting to get mine done for almost 2 years now, but it's kind of costly, and I'm also still a little afraid, even though I've seen great results.  My natural brows are fine, but I would like them to appear to be a little fuller in some areas.  And yes, you do have to have a retouch around 6 months later.  I think I remember you then only have to go back once a year or so.  I may have mine done this summer, and take a few vacation days, as your brow area is a little red for a few days afterwards. 

You are correct @I like celery

You do NOT have to remove your current eyebrows to get them Microbladed, which is a type of tatooing (spelling?)

Around here, it costs $500 - $600 and yes, 6 mos retouch and yes, then 1 year retouches.  I have never had it done, but 2 friends have.

The results are a bit stark at first, but then did tame down and looks great now.  They both said it DID hurt though.

BTW- my brow hairs are ALL the same color...very dark brown.

I already received the IT brow powder and brush.  Still trying it out but love it so far.

No fall out of the powder

Able to match my dark brows with only 1-2 swipes.

Sticks to bald spots (bare skin)

Looks TOTALLY natural

Lasts all day

@RespectLife  I had a co-worker have her brows microbladed, and they did initially appear "stark," but I have been following a couple of Instagram pages which had mentioned this, too.  That's one of the things I am not looking forward to, but I know they have to be a little darker initially, as they do fade a bit afterwards.  I've seen pics of microbladed brows a few weeks afterwards, and they look great, and very natural.  My co-worker left shortly after having her brows done, so I never saw what they looked liked a few weeks later.  I do trust the pics I've seen showing the results, though, as I know the person I would be going to would not post "altered" pics.  

My brows are a light "dirty blonde" shade, and the person in my area I would be going to (should I decide to follow through), has mentioned there is a lighter color they use on natural blondes, so that should help some, but I do know the brows afterwards will initially look "obvious."  

The cost where I live is $600, and the intial touch up is free.  If you go back a year later for a "refresh," it is $250.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Today they were airing an IT cosmetics brow powder with brush and the model was missing part of her eyebrow!!  I had never see anything like this. It's almost like she had a bald spot In her eyebrow.

Sometimes people have scars in the eyebrow from things like stitches when they were a child or a chicken pox scar that gives them a bald spot in their brow.

Esteemed Contributor

I think there WAS some eyebrow stencil that some infomercial was trying to sell about a year ago.....LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: BROWS...UGHHHH!

[ Edited ]

I tried a semi-permanent, peel-off brow gel. The results last for up to 4 or 5 days. The application takes a little learning, but after you get it then I think it works fairly well. I liked that I didn't have to mess with my brows for a few days running. Maybelline makes one and so does a few other brands.  They are a brush-on gel, wait a while then peel off the the dried gel...comes off in one piece and no it doesn't pull out your hair. It tints the hair and skin. I used the lightest shade and my natural brows are black.

s-l300.jpg

Honored Contributor

@I like celery

Both my friends that did it took selfies during the process.  It was pretty red and a teeny bit puffy for a day or two.  Neither wore eye makeup the first couple days to be safe....to me that is why it looked stark.  Once a couple days went by and it 'settled down', and they had their normal makeup on.....you would NEVER know they had anything done. 

Both did it because they had practically NO tails.  The tech did the entire brow, but you can't tell where they have hair of their own and what was done.  Totally blends and looks completely natural.  Each went to a different place but had great results.  They gave them the perfect shaped brow for their face.

Both said while, heck yes, it hurt...they'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Good luck if you decide to do it someday!