Honored Contributor

BEAUTY AWARDS OR BEST SELLING AWARDS

It was too obvious that ALL awards went to the usual brands that appear on every beauty show. Why? They are the money makers for the Q! Online voting for favorite products/brands? Published results like other "contests"? I'd like to know what the Q customers REALLY voted for!

Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY AWARDS OR BEST SELLING AWARDS

The Q has always stuck with a certain brand in every area - then they tire of that product (or it doesn't bring in enough money) and bring in someone else.  First it was Mally, then they switched to IT Cosmetics, next year it could be someone else.  I don't think the results of the awards were real - I think the Q chose who they want to give those awards to.  If you think your vote really counted, think again. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It was too obvious that ALL awards went to the usual brands that appear on every beauty show. Why? They are the money makers for the Q! Online voting for favorite products/brands? Published results like other "contests"? I'd like to know what the Q customers REALLY voted for!

I didn't vote in all categories, but in the ones I did, the things I voted for were the things that won. (Except for the blush - I voted for the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush.) They are the money makers because people buy them. People buy them because they love them and people vote for what they love. No mystery there or conspiracy there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I know is customers vote. But what I don't know is what the "panel of judges", or whoever, do with the results. How do we know for sure if our votes were counted in an honest fashion?.... or if our votes make any difference at all?

Respected Contributor

I used to vote.  I just feel that they give awards to the best selling and also the product vendors they can book for the event. 

Trusted Contributor

Best selling awards????   Maybe our highest profit awards so they want us to alter our buying patterns and increase their falling profits.   I voted for my favorites that I use.  If I do not use any of the choices I did not vote. I would like to know who and how are the nominees chosen.  Some of the nominees I have never seen on QVC and was surprised to see them there.   I think that they need more categories so that they do not put more than 1 item of a vendor in the same category.  They limited where my votes could go by bunching products into 1 category.   I would like to be able to see the original list of candidates in each category with the winner highlighted.  Like all award shows they have been and are using these awards to push/promote product sales.  Winning does not make me purchase a product, buy music or go see a movie.  It is all just about thinking we are lemmings or a flick of geese.  Get the lead out in front and we all will follow.  NOT........

Contributor

Ii does make you wonder how they come up with the nominees and winners.  Some products I voted for won, but for example I use Dr. Denese hydro shield and if you look at the reviews of her products almost all have at least four stars and close to five yet that brand didn't win one award.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why?  Because they are promoting the products they sell on their shopping channel.  It's just that simple.  Why would they promote products they are not selling for another retailer's benefit? 

Questioning the panel of judges, etc. - QVC is not the UN.  I thought the portion I watched was fun and don't see the issues regarding dishonesty, etc. being warranted.  It's a congratulatory program for products that are generating income for the vendors and QVC.