Respected Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth Jumping the Shark

I could be wrong but the new product shown by Peter Thomas Ross last night was pretty wacky. It was a gold enfused hair masque. You apply it to damp hair, then attach a hair dryer to a HUGE bonnet, bigger than we wore back in the day. The bonnet has straps that go under your chin so the whole thing doesn't blow off. Then you sit there for 15-30 minutes, holding the hair dryer, while the treatment works. Who wants to do that? Not me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Jumping the Shark

I watched the vid. Why does that bonnet have to be so HUGE??!! 

Contributor

No,

I would not do this

Honored Contributor

Sounds ridiculous and very time consuming!!!

Valued Contributor

@chessylady, I don't think you're wrong.  It looked like a failed high school science experiment.  I'm really surprised at PTR.  He can do much better than that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

PTR is all over the place............

.I wouldn't buy anything from him anymore.............he needs to decide  what he really thinks is worth sprnding our hard earned money on!

Is it face creams?    Jewlery ........ or hair products .......

Wonder what his next fantasy will be??????????????

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

PTR is all over the place............

.I wouldn't buy anything from him anymore.............he needs to decide  what he really thinks is worth sprnding our hard earned money on!

Is it face creams?    Jewlery ........ or hair products .......

Wonder what his next fantasy will be??????????????

And that his products are no longer cruelty free stops me now. It is all about the $$ folks!

Honored Contributor

I will be the sole dissenter:

I LOVE this, lol!

I would use that bonnet with ALL my hair masks. Currently, for a deep mask, I wrap a hot damp towel over my hair (that is soaked in a mask and then placed in a plastic mask cap similar to a shower cap). 30 minutes then rinse. The difference is amazing over doing it in the shower while washing.

Back in the day, I had a bonnet dryer and loved the soothing sound it made while doing masks. Don't know what happened to it : (

Friends have purchased hood dryers and steamer for LOTS of money for their hair and I don't it as any different from this. 

I may just have to buy this one!

Honored Contributor

'cooking' my hair whilst slathered with some greasy stuff just doesn't strike me as a good idea...

Esteemed Contributor

HappyDaze - love your well expressed posting!   I won't even watch this man anymore - he's selling mud - he'll sell ice cubes to you know where (Alaska) to make a buck.  He's all about $$$$$$$