Esteemed Contributor

The Dr Brenner item sounds good. Can I ask what order is the vitamin C productus applied and/or can it be used if I use Paula's Choice AHA and BHA products?

Thanks in advance.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: SilleeMee

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

The Dr Brenner item sounds good. Can I ask what order is the vitamin C productus applied and/or can it be used if I use Paula's Choice AHA and BHA products?

Thanks in advance.

@kate2357  This was a problem I also had.  When I was using a liquid AHA, I'd do that first and wait a little bit.  Then I would mist my face with a toner and proceed to the vitamin c and other products.  Eventually I quit the liquid AHA.  Now I do my watery serums, followed by an oily antioxidant serum, and end up with a glycolic lotion.  I am currently doing the glycolic lotion every other day and the Equate version of CeraVe PM on the in between days.  Some people can't handle all the actives at the same time. Do you use a retinoid at night?  If you don't, you could do your VC in the AM and the AHA/BHA at night or vice versa 

Honored Contributor

So what do you think about this one from Derma-E?  $25 for 2 oz in a pump.  It's on sale now.

• Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant with skin-brightening and anti-aging properties that may help support collagen health.
  • Hyaluronic Acid: This substance may help deliver antioxidants and essential hydration.
  • Aloe: The gel extract from this plant helps provide moisture and softens, soothes, and detoxifies skin.
  • Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps improve the moisture and appearance of skin’s texture.

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Lactobacillus, Citric Acid, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Sodium Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Natural Fragrance Oil.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

So what do you think about this one from Derma-E?  $25 for 2 oz in a pump.  It's on sale now.

• Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant with skin-brightening and anti-aging properties that may help support collagen health.
  • Hyaluronic Acid: This substance may help deliver antioxidants and essential hydration.
  • Aloe: The gel extract from this plant helps provide moisture and softens, soothes, and detoxifies skin.
  • Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps improve the moisture and appearance of skin’s texture.

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Lactobacillus, Citric Acid, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Sodium Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Natural Fragrance Oil.

@Sooner 

That Derma-E contains one of the most milder forms of VC where it would be great for sensitive skin but delivers low efficacy.  There's no mention of how much VC is in there either plus that container offers no light protection for the product inside.   I wouldn't choose that one for myself.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I've never heard of Missha products.  I just looked it up and the Vitamin C products look interesting.  Have you tried the Vita C Plus Brightening toner?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would go with Dr. Brenner's VC serum. I've recommended that one before. Good ingredients and the cost is reasonable.

@monicakm 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee 

I'm going to have to try that one.  I have three brands of Vitamin C in my stash (Paula's Choice, PTR, O'o Hawaii), but the Dr. Brenner's is so inexpensive that it's worth a try.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you for your answer. No. Not using a retinol product. I will try the C in am and see how it goes.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

About that QRX VC squalane...it contains 5% THDA which, according to several bits of info I've run across, is an effective amount to reduce uneven skin tone. At 3% it brightens skin and at 10% it fades brown spots. So really the 20% I'm using is very much an overkill but for good reason. I like to use it as my antioxidant protection especially for out in the sun under my sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

About that QRX VC squalane...it contains 5% THDA which, according to several bits of info I've run across, is an effective amount to reduce uneven skin tone. At 3% it brightens skin and at 10% it fades brown spots. So really the 20% I'm using is very much an overkill but for good reason. I like to use it as my antioxidant protection especially for out in the sun under my sunscreen.

@SilleeMee 

About QRxLabs...reading about their products, too.  Can't get over how reasonably priced they are.  I'm all for finding a less expensive skin care line if it is EFFECTIVE.  Keen to get your feedback.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee 

About QRxLabs...reading about their products, too.  Can't get over how reasonably priced they are.  I'm all for finding a less expensive skin care line if it is EFFECTIVE.  Keen to get your feedback.

@SurferWife it really is a very good line of effective yet inexpensive products.