Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: SilleeMee

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

About that QRX VC squalane...it contains 5% THDA which, according to several bits of info I've run across, is an effective amount to reduce uneven skin tone. At 3% it brightens skin and at 10% it fades brown spots. So really the 20% I'm using is very much an overkill but for good reason. I like to use it as my antioxidant protection especially for out in the sun under my sunscreen.

@SilleeMee 

About QRxLabs...reading about their products, too.  Can't get over how reasonably priced they are.  I'm all for finding a less expensive skin care line if it is EFFECTIVE.  Keen to get your feedback.

@SurferWife it really is a very good line of effective yet inexpensive products.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks for the feedback!  I just ordered the EYE PERFECT ELIXIR and the LEMON VERBENA NECK FIRMING CREAM.  At less than $40 for both, at least if I don't like them, I'm not out a lot of $$.  I'm hoping I like them, though!  If I do, then I will add a few other items.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

About that QRX VC squalane...it contains 5% THDA which, according to several bits of info I've run across, is an effective amount to reduce uneven skin tone. At 3% it brightens skin and at 10% it fades brown spots. So really the 20% I'm using is very much an overkill but for good reason. I like to use it as my antioxidant protection especially for out in the sun under my sunscreen.

@SilleeMee 

About QRxLabs...reading about their products, too.  Can't get over how reasonably priced they are.  I'm all for finding a less expensive skin care line if it is EFFECTIVE.  Keen to get your feedback.

@SurferWife it really is a very good line of effective yet inexpensive products.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks for the feedback!  I just ordered the EYE PERFECT ELIXIR and the LEMON VERBENA NECK FIRMING CREAM.  At less than $40 for both, at least if I don't like them, I'm not out a lot of $$.  I'm hoping I like them, though!  If I do, then I will add a few other items.

@SurferWife I decided to try the Squalane CE anyway.  Ordinarily I use my glycolic lotion and Gold Bond Neck & Chest in the AM, but I'll give the Lemon Verbena Neck Cream a try with you.  The ingredient deck sounds pretty good. 🤞

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

No, I've not tried that one.  The one I am using doesn't have that ingredient that @SilleeMee suggests.  I like it but it's hard to know how it's working when I use so many products.  That's why I wanted to start this convo with @SilleeMee   

Looking at other Vit C products on the Missha site and I don't see that ingredient in any of their products.  I see a lot of good ingredients I recognize from watching James Welsh.  I also use one of their essences and some of the lotions.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  et al

I don't see the ingredient that  you recommend in the Dr Brenner's vit. C and this one and the QRx don't list the vit C percentage on the front of the bottle.  So I'm a little confused.  But the QRx does have the THDA as the second ingredient.  

So which one is every buying or considering buying?

And @SilleeMee looking at the ingredient deck on the Missha Vita C I'm currently using, does it look interesting/good or would you pass on it because it doesn't have THDA?

I hope all this makes sense.  I've been dizzy all day and my words have been jumbled all day.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee  et al

I don't see the ingredient that  you recommend in the Dr Brenner's vit. C and this one and the QRx don't list the vit C percentage on the front of the bottle.  So I'm a little confused.  But the QRx does have the THDA as the second ingredient.  

So which one is every buying or considering buying?

And @SilleeMee looking at the ingredient deck on the Missha Vita C I'm currently using, does it look interesting/good or would you pass on it because it doesn't have THDA?

I hope all this makes sense.  I've been dizzy all day and my words have been jumbled all day.

Yes, it's a little confusing, @monicakm   Knowing @SillieMee's endorsement of THDA, I put the QRx Squalane CE in my Amazon subscription recently.  Today I read in the reviews that it only has a 5 or 10% concentration of the THDA so when I read she uses 20%, I got cold feet.  I've used Dr. Brenner's in the past and felt it was good, but it only uses the standard LAA, not the THDA. I was going to return to his until SillieMee clarified about the THDA concentration in lower amounts still being effective and that she personally uses more for herself for her own reasons.  All that said, I decided to still give the QRx serum a try after all and see how it goes. I actually redid my order so I'd get it sooner and not have to wait until my current subscriptions February ship date. I added the QRx neck cream too, to give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks for the clarification.  I really appreciate that you went to the trouble to help my jumbled brain make sense of all of this.  I'm going to order the QRx too.  Ordered.  Thanks to @SilleeMee and everyone that chimed in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

The Missha contains three different kinds of VC. It says on the Missha's website that the formulation contains 33% of VC in an encapsulated (liposomal) form containing the three kinds of VC. Encapsulation usually makes ingredients stable and also provides the skin with some degree of protection as the encapsulated ingredients absorb. No THDA, but it does have ethylated VC which is another very highly stable/effective one to use. It also contains one other brightening agent plus several plant extracts and collagen. 

I would say the Missha looks pretty good. Why not stay with that?....unless there's something about it that you don't like.

The QRX VC 'serum' is basically and enriched squalane oil containing THDA and vitamin E.  So if you don't care for squalane oil the I don't recommend that one. I like it as a moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

Good morning from Mrs. Flipflop (aka, me). Who would've thought choosing a Vitamin C serum would be so complicated? The last thing I need is another moisturizing product when I already have several in my routine.  I tried to cancel the QRx serum but it's already too far along in the pipeline so I'll have to return it.  Believe me, I know I look and sound like an idiot.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Many of the THDA serums can be oily b/c THDA is an oil in itself so it needs an oil base. Some of the reviews I've seen for some of the other (expensive THDA serums) say it left an oily feeling on their skin. It's to be expected with THDA.

Unlike traditional LAA, THDA has a neutral pH meaning it is compatible with most any other product and can be added to them as well.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  @SilleeMee   I find that using my C serum in the mornings with sunscreen boosts my spf and helps it work more efficiently...a one two punch...brighten and protects with antioxidents. Retin A at night and Vit. C serum in the morning.