Respected Contributor

Calista Jousse Cleanse & Condition - Have you tried?

Good morning!

My mom caught Jousse this morning and emailed me asking if I had tried it, she doesn't really get on line and read reviews, I told her I would post here.

I mainly use Tweak'd and Wen and she didn't like either of those, Wen was just to much work for her and it made her tub slippery so she won't use it.

The reviews seem "okay" but a lot seem like they are from the Calista site, not sure I trust all those, I would rather hear it from actual users.

Thanks for your input!

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista Jousse Cleanse & Condition - Have you tried?

I tried it several years ago when it was first introduced.  To tell you the truth, it's been so long ago that I don't really recall my feelings or impressions.  I'm going to guess it was ok but not wonderful enough for me to continue buying it. I'm loaded to the gills with Tweak'd.  Wish I could unload a couple bottle of WEN. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I love Tweak'd too, they have a TSV coming up this week, Shampoo/Cond. big daddy size, I am already on auto ship for it so I won't be buying.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought it a long time ago.  I still have half bottles sitting in my cupboard.  I guess it was nothing special because I didn't finish it nor rebuy.  I am using Tweak'd and also Maison 276 because I have white hair.  

I have not tried the upcoming TSV from Tweak'd.  What can you offer as far a review for it.

Sadly, like @JeanLouiseFinch , I have thrown out Wen.  I won't say anymore because there are those that like.  TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I bought this a few years ago.  For about the first few weeks, I absolutely loved it.  My hair was more voluminous and shiney.  Then I started to notice horrible hair loss in the shower when using this.  Every time I washed my hair, their was a glob of hair in the drain that I had to clean out.  I had never had that happen before with any shampoo or conditioner.  I quit using this and within days the problem completely stopped.

I know a couple other people who use this without any issues at all.  I will say that you do have to follow the directions.  You need to pump the shampoo into your hand and rub it between your hands before putting it on your head.  Same with the conditioner.  Otherwise, it just sort of sits there doing nothing.  

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl I tried the Jousse when it first came out.  It did not serve me well but I have HASHIMOTOS which leaves one with dry, brittle hair.  Personally it left my hair dry like straw but may well be someone elses saving grace.  Try it, pass it on or return?

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone - I have read most of these to my mom, I'm thinking she might keep looking, that is why I told her I wanted to post something here before she blows 50.00 on some Shampoo/Cond!!

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl  There are two hosts who seem to swear by it, JC and CK.  I watched JC present it once, and she was so enthusiastic about it, I ordered it.  I used it a few times, and I can't remember now why I stopped.  I guess I wasn't that impressed.  On the Jousse that was presented today, there is short video showing how to use it.  I don't remember doing any of those steps when I had it.  Maybe that's the difference.  I do know there are a lot of mixed reviews, some love it, some sent it back.