Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: SilleeMee

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

I knew I could use both, I just didn't know I shouldn't use both at the same time (maybe).  I'll just switch my Retinol to AM

@monicakm  No, Retin A should be used at night because it makes skin reactive when exposed to sunlight. Vit. C in the morning on just cleansed and dry skin.

Retinoids, including Retin-A and retinol, are mainly suggested to use at night b/c of their sensitivity to light where the light breaks down the product. If you decide to use a retinoid during the daytime then apply a sunscreen on top of it to protect the retinoid from getting destroyed by the light. Retinoids don't change into something irritating once it gets exposed to light, but it just doesn't work as intended. 

Another reason for applying retinoids at night is that's when most people limit the application of other products so as to let the ones you do apply do their job w/o interference from the other things you put on during the day, like makeup and moisturizers.

Respected Contributor

I use Dr.Brenner C and hyaluronic acid.  2 separate bottles from Amazon $26.00.  I just got another order and this time the hyaluronic was 2 oz...Oz... price. 

I like them both...absorbs, and not sticky.

@monicakm ...personally I did not like the Ordinary.  Was stringy and a bit thick.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

You might not be a canidate for snail snot if you think The Ordinary's HA is stringy Smiley Wink  I've read others saying the same thing about this HA but don't get that.  I know I apply it onto a wet face (essence) and then go directly to Niacinamide.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Many of the THDA serums can be oily b/c THDA is an oil in itself so it needs an oil base. Some of the reviews I've seen for some of the other (expensive THDA serums) say it left an oily feeling on their skin. It's to be expected with THDA.

Unlike traditional LAA, THDA has a neutral pH meaning it is compatible with most any other product and can be added to them as well.

@SilleeMee 

That’s my problem, having combo/ OILY skin, less oil is better.

So far MAP has proven to be a winner for me.

So, when are you going retail with your C brand?  

You’ll want to do trials, I volunteer 👋👋👋👋👋👋. Me, me, oh pick me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I keep experimenting too much! lol! But eventually I get the perfect one...I hope!