Honored Contributor

Yes, asbestos found in children's makeup that was purchased at Claires.  Claires has pulled numerous children's makeup for sale.  How terrible is this?   That is extremely scary and I wonder where the makeup kit was made.  Did you hear about this?  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Asbestos in makeup

[ Edited ]

Makeup for children? really?!?! Why would a child need MU?

Asbestos in that MU is another horrible matter. Glad they caught it and recalled it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FDA dot gov / cosmetics posted a recall for 'Tween Brand Inc.' for asbestos found in powder products...shadows, bronzers and palettes. Articles listed stated the products were made in China. FDA was notified by the news media.

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ComplianceEnforcement/RecallsAlerts/default.htm

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been against the law in the U.S since the 1970s to have any asbestos in powder products for personal or cosmetic use.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

@SilleeMee... WHOA!... China!!  asbestos!...

Occasional Contributor

@suzyQ3... Wouldn't USA be required to make sure it's not in USA makeup coming to USA also?

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaiden wrote:

@suzyQ3... Wouldn't USA be required to make sure it's not in USA makeup coming to USA also?

@MakeUpMaiden, I don't know enough about the process to answer you definitively. But I will say that regulations and the enforcement thereof are not currently as much a priority to TPTB as are the interests of business and corporations.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaiden wrote:

There is the FDA website for this kind of info. @MakeUpMaiden It's complicated.

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm135709.htm

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   It is so scary and so many cosmetic companies want to "SAVE" money so they choose to have their makeup made in China.  Disgusting.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Yes, asbestos found in children's makeup that was purchased at Claires.  Claires has pulled numerous children's makeup for sale.  How terrible is this?   That is extremely scary and I wonder where the makeup kit was made.  Did you hear about this?  Cat Mad

@Katcat1  I just saw your post..I made a post too about this terrible subject...didnt see yours till now.

Horrible story but so good to be made aware!! 

I would hope one day this won't even be a subject of discussion.

However buying from China and the Almighty $ is why this is all happening! I think a kit made public to us would be a fab idea so we can test what we use!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky