Respected Contributor

They are sold everywhere. I have spider-web fine, long,wavy-curly thinning hair. Knots like crazy from shampooing and no, not doing the no-poo method. It tangles like a ball of soaked yarn after a shower. I use conditioner, works from the ends up, the usual. I also use spray-on detangler. My question is, will it get through the wet matte and brush through? Also, the tips on these brushes vary from brush to brush. Some look like the bristles got a thicker coating of plastic and are larger than others. They aren't supposed to vary. Would a thicker larger, or smaller end be good? Is it worth trying? Appreciate any advice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Goody Wet brush, yes or no?

i highly recommend the michel mercier de-tangling brushes. i have been using them for probably about two years now and always have excellent results.

they make different styles for different hair types.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love my Wet Brush.  I have fine hair and it works great if my hair is wet or dry.  I even bought a spare, just in case. 

I also bought my granddaughter a Wet Brush.  Her hair is extremely thick and it works great for her also. 

Respected Contributor

Hi, thanks both Sunshine gals!  I looked at the Mercier one on-line just now. It looks good, but I don't know if it's better or worse than Goody or another brand. I would get the one for fine hair unless it doesn't work as well. Goody has a fine hair version as well but I think reviews aren't stellar. I bought a Tangleteezer when they first came out and that was not good. It also hurt my hand to use it since it doesn't have a handle and I have small hands.

Please keep the responses coming, I look forward to everyone's opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

My daugher loves hers....just got her a new one for Christmas!

Respected Contributor

Thanks guys two more pro votes.

Any info. on why the tips are different and which is better?

Esteemed Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Thanks guys two more pro votes.

Any info. on why the tips are different and which is better?

I think they make one that is called a shine brush. That may account for the different tips.

Respected Contributor

YES!!! They are the best and have used them for years! They have a little one called "squirt" too".Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Ccassaday thanks, nope, I checked. Saw the shine brush, that one combines regular bristles with the tipped ones. if you get a chance to see a display, just look at the ends of the tipped ones. Some look like 1 mm, 2 mms, etc. They are consistent sizes throughout the individual brush, but the brushes all vary. I can't figure out why, doesn't seem related to the color, or design if there is one. I also read that the tips break off after a few months use.