Honored Contributor

At what point in your make-up routine do you apply you brow pencil (or powder or wax or whatever you prefer)?  Do you apply it before the rest of your make-up or after or when?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I use powder, and it's applied as my last step before my lipstick.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife , face, tightliner, shadow, brows, mascara; you?

Honored Contributor

foundation or tinted moisturizer, blush, (eye shadow, if wearing) mascara, eye brows, lipstick,

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - 2nd to last. Only blush after- and either Mally's Face Defender or a makeup setting spray. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Applying Brows

[ Edited ]
  1. Foundation
  2. Powder
  3. Eyeshadow
  4. Eyeliner
  5. Mascara
  6. Brow 
  7. Blush
  8. Lipstick
Honored Contributor

Re: Applying Brows

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife  Always the last step because the brows take over the face if applied earlier and eye shadow (at least for me) comes out too heavy because of that.

Respected Contributor

My current routine is to apply sunscreen, brow pencil, one neutral eyeshadow, mascara, BareMinerals foundation and lipstick. I do eye makeup first to allow sunscreen to dry a bit before applying foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

Since my brows need the extra definition more than my eyes or lips, I usually do them first. I'm looking at overall balance (of my facial features). Any way, I keep everything rather subtle, because I just like a bit of enhancement.

Respected Contributor

I think this is an interesting question as to the order we apply make-up. Mine has no rhyme or reason...it's just what I do.

Foundation

Bronzer/Blush/Contour

Tightline/Waterline

Mascara on top

Eyebrows...usually use a micro brow pencil

Mascara on bottom

Eyeshadow...just a little as I don't wear much and I apply it with my fingers even though I have a zillion brushes. Weird. 😲

Lipstick