Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Finding Vit C Drying on Their Skin?

Yes so many of the ones I tried either dried out or irritated my skin. Only a few do not. Anything with too high of HA also makes me break out which I rarely do. Vitaminc serums with L-Ascorbic  vitamin c tends to be the most drying but it is also the gold standard and the one I prefer to use if I am going to use a vit. C serum so I just stick to the ones that aren't drying or irritating.

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for all the interesting and helpful replies.  Never knew HA could contribute to dryness.  No longer using it at night,  Just mornings under my Dr Denese Hydroshield and my sunscreen.  Since I bought a 2 oz bottle I'll finish it up and maybe try another brand.  Thanks girls !

Respected Contributor

I have ordered the Timeless Vit C+E+Ferulic Acid and am waiting for it to arrive.  Is there enough HA in there to have made it a problem for those of you who have tried this one?

Honored Contributor

I doubt that there is any need to worry about HA in a Vit C serum. It's unlikely that the amount is enough to be of concern.

If you are, however, using a straight-up HA serum and live in a dry climate, it's best to apply it to damp skin and follow with a moisturizer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland