Respected Contributor

Your Gray Hair: When did you draw the line & stop?

And stop dyeing your hair?

Was it when you turned 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%  gray?

I was going to dye my hair today, but changed my mind .....

All of a sudden, I just don't want to do it anymore.

Woman Sad

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Your Gray Hair: When did you draw the line & stop?

@RinaRina  I once had a thread about this which got a lot of replies and caused a lot of controversy.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Is-There-An-Age-After-Which-Women-Should-Just-Go-With-The...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never dyed my hair; never will. I'm happy and secure with who I am... at every stage of my life. BTW, men love my hair....a bonus, even though I wouldn't change what I do either way. 

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” -- George Orwell, 1984

Honored Contributor

I stopped when I was 50 years old.  I had no idea how gray I was when I decided to let it grow out natural.  I was maybe 30% gray.

Twelve years later I am around 60% bright silver and 40% black/brown.

i got tired of coloring my hair every three weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

It has been over a year since I did mine, I am afraid with me it is a losing battle, I found I was having to go every 4 weeks for touchups, and it was just not worth it to me anymore, I am who I am, if people don't like it, that is their problem not mine!

Trusted Contributor

My hair stared growing in white when I had open heart surgery when I was 46. I'm 61 now and have been coloring since. I'm not working any more and I'm finding I'm going longer in between.  So I don't know for sure when I'll stop.

Honored Contributor

I never did it that much because I didn't like sitting that long in the chair and when I did it at home it was such a mess. I think I would rather spend time outside gazing at the trees and birds~things that made me happy.

When I was in college, my roommate helped me dye my hair. I wanted it to look like my grandmothers who's hair turned all silver white when she was 30!

WEll, my hair turned out orange! It was pretty funny actually. I looked like a bright clown so wore a scarf for awhile.

I think it truly depends on how you feel your best.

I'm lucky because I like my silver white hair and get lots of compliments from all ages but even if I didn't, what matters is that I like it and feel good about how I look.

So if you don't feel like doing it anymore, don't. And you will have a lot of company in women who have decided the very same thing! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I'm 59 and have never colored my hair.  I'm trying to age gracefully.  

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never colored my hair, I'm too darn lazy. For years, I've had several health issues, I didn't want to chance making them worse. I've been told quite a few times that my gray hair looks like I have blonde highlights in my hair. ( the gray in my hair is a soft, pretty, silvery gray)