Honored Contributor

Re: Any Remedy For Lines Around Your Lips?

Don't smoke, don't sip thru a straw , smile alot. I think the only thing that will actually do anything is a shot of something to plump and fill in those lines. I use a clear or nude lipliner so my lip stuff doesn't bleed into those few lines I have. Haven't found anything that really does what it says it can.

Respected Contributor

Listen...lip lines are not from side sleepers or lack of moisturizing...it's simply from the skin falling down ward. Folding foward. If you pulled your face upwards you'll see ALL the lines go away!! All this talk pushing lip creams is useless. Moisturization, yes, you'll get. Tightening of sagging skin which is the cause, you will not achieve. I MO opinion fillers in this area are the only remedy. I have not done this, but considering it for the smile lines only to plump up the area that seems to sagged. This is what causes these lines. Moisturizing only, and for some, temporarily may plump. Poster has said, NOTHING HELPED HER. If we don't choose a face lift, then fillers may be the answer.
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

Usually a sign of heavy smokers,  so "stop smoking" is not what most would call a "remedy",  but it's a good place to start.    

Honored Contributor

I had them & derm. suggested to stop using a straw in my drinks. 😜 She also advised Retin A nightly & SPF!!