Honored Contributor

Re: Any Remedy For Lines Around Your Lips?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LilacTree,

Having spinal issues is a real bummer. My ex had a bad back and he was like you, slept on his back and hardly moved. 

Good for you that you don't have lip lines! Be thankful for that! Mine are from scleroderma. I am content with the rest of my not-so-perfect face but the lip lines are the one thing I absolutely can not stand! It's the one thing I wish would go away. Just hate the thought of injections and probably not get them. I'll just smile a lot more!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee

I also have several AI issues . . . RA, Sjogrens, Hashimoto's, and some symptoms of scleroderma as well.  I have very dry eyes, dry mouth, and chronic itching everywhere.  When I awake in the morning, I have to feel around in my "bed basket" for my TheraTears and Biotene before I can even get up.

Once I get up I have to put on my shoulder brace (fell and broke my shoulder two months ago) and my back brace.  Once I am done with the bathroom stuff, I feel like going back to bed!!

If I did not have all of this and was younger and had lip lines, I think I would consider the injections . . . but I would tell the doctor to be very minimal about them.  I had a former friend who had hers done twice a year and a couple of times it was too much and she couldn't wait until it relaxed.

Just smiling more can't hurt either, LOL!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I see you ladies discussing Skinn, which seems to be popular - where does one purchase?

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree,

Oh believe me when I say that I have seriously considered getting injections. I'm 61 and if it weren't for those dang lip lines, I think I would look many years younger. But really when it comes down to it, it's just me that I'm trying to impress and no one else. For now, the lip lines remain...sigh.

Our autoimm conditions are a real drag I know. Mine seem to be in remission. I try not to live in fear of the next progression, if any. Live one day at a time,  be happy and thankful for all the good that has been here for me now.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you soo much ladies for all of your responses. So much appreciated.Well I  not alone in this, but still don't like it. I will check out some of the products mentioned here. I would never have injections too scared!! Thanks again!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LilacTree,

Oh believe me when I say that I have seriously considered getting injections. I'm 61 and if it weren't for those dang lip lines, I think I would look many years younger. But really when it comes down to it, it's just me that I'm trying to impress and no one else. For now, the lip lines remain...sigh.

Our autoimm conditions are a real drag I know. Mine seem to be in remission. I try not to live in fear of the next progression, if any. Live one day at a time,  be happy and thankful for all the good that has been here for me now.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

I was fortunate my RA (the first AI disease) didn't hit until I was 66.  I might have had it before that as I was always having strange symptoms.  It started in my wrists.

Actually, no . . . the Hashimoto's (hypothyroidism) started at menopause, around 50, but no one told me it was an AI disease and once on Synthroid, I felt fine.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover you'll find the best prices on bundles on Evine. Dimitri, the owner and creator, will be on Evine this weekend, actually starting tomorrow. You can find the schedule on the website. Once you know what you like, eBay is the next best source.
Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama , @PilatesLover 

I can also swear by the Skinn Lip Stem Rejen.  It's a cream serum formulated just for the lip/nasal labial fold area and works to smooth out those upper/lower lip lines and the whole area around the mouth area.

307-116 is the item # at Evine where you can read up on it and check out the presentation video.  As noted, once you find you like it, the bay is a good alternative for better pricing. 

It works fairly quickly and can be turbo-charged by using an infusing tool; i.e.  Foreo Luna or dupe.  Search on "facial cleansing device" at Amazon if you're interested in picklng up one of the dupes for under $20.  These are great little tools for deep cleansing and infusing skincare for deeper penetration.  HTH"sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much!

Contributor

I have had good luck with Skinn Neck Amour aound upper lip lines.  Dimitri tells us it was not made for that area, but his mother uses it that way, in addition to neck and back of hands.  And, his 6x lip balm has had positive effects for me!  Good luck!  Nancy

Valued Contributor

Use a satin pillowcase to prevent lines as you sleep. It does work!