Respected Contributor

Any Remedy For Lines Around Your Lips?

I was in my car looking at my lipstick and I couldn't believe I had some lines on my lower lip line!! I never noticed it before It ruined my day!! (HA HA) And I don't have dry skin I have normal to oily skin. My aunt who had very dry skin had a lot of lines on her upper lip and lower lip. She has passed since but her face keeps coming to my mind. Anything I can do? TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Remedy For Lines Around Your Lips?

If you don't want to go the injection route I would suggest Skinn's lip stem rejen and 6x serum and balm.  Over time they really reduced both my lip lines and smile lines.  I have no lines around my mouth now and only "normal" marionette lines.  My lipstick never bleeds.  I did stick with it though because the lines didn't happen overnight.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had some laser resurf / tightening around the mouth area. Although the procedures helped quite a bit, I still have some vertical lip lines. Derm says if I want them to disappear then I would need injections. Have not done that.

I might add that I have a condition called scleroderma and my lips have gone to the dogs! They have a permanent pursed-look to them . Absolutely hate it! Derm says there is nothing that can make them normal-looking other than injections. Just not ready for it yet and I don't know if and when I will ever be.

Respected Contributor

Hate those car mirrors.  They are so unforgiving.  My understanding is that only injections will solve this problem.  Or, smile a lot! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Between bad genes (mom's side) and my many yrs gone by of smoking, I've never found a cream, lotion, nothing to take care of lines around upper lip.

As far as lipstick is concerned, use a lip liner - this I know works to 'stop the bleeding' !!!!  Okay, or botox which I would never do.  ANd yes, mine have softened with good beauty products but Yes I'll die with wrinkles!

Respected Contributor

Stop smoking, drinking through the straw  and start using Isomers ( contact them for particular advise) . Their Matrixyl, stem genesis,deep crease treatment, etc.

injections- last resort.

Remember, you are beautiful anyway!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama I have normal to oily skin, too...I do have the lip lines, but can only see them when my lipstick bleeds into them. My solution was to pretty much STOP wearing lipstick. Lipliner just got to be too much of a pain, and eventually didn't really work anymore.

What I do now is use a lipstain---I like CoverGirl Outlast---then apply sheer color over it. I usually use a tinted lipbalm for that. It's sheer enough that it doesn't show if it does bleed into the lines. One application of the stain is usually enough for my workday. I do let it dry completely before applying anything over it. The bonus is, even when the balm has worn off, I still have some color on my lips.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama  Skinn Lip Stem Rejen is very good for this.

Respected Contributor

Wei east lip cream. Has greatly diminished my lines and I'm almost 65. It's available at Derm Store with great discounts from Extra Bux.

Good Luck

Frequent Contributor

Restylane injections worked great for me!  They said it would last 6-8 months, I had mine a year ago and the injections are just starting to wear out!