Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm curious...how long did menopause last for y'all?  I've read on line the average length is 7 years.  As you can imagine, my response was, "OH, HELL NO!"  Then my puppy woke up from his nap to let me know I disturbed him.

@SurferWife , to be honest I don't think mine was that long. Maybe 5 years but I did not suffer with it. I would occasionally get warm but never hot flashes. I was 47 when I started and I think by 52 I was over that.

Honored Contributor

Been going through it for almost 10 years now. I am in my late 50s. I was on HRT for several years, but I had to stop taking it due to uterine polyps which were surgically removed. None of the natural supplements help at all with my symptoms so I just deal with it best I can.

My biggest complaint is hot flashes & night sweats. HRT really helped with those, but without it they are really bad & frequent. My gynecologist told me use Aguafor for dryness & itchiness down there. Seems to help some. I hate the wiry grey hairs on my head. I still have plenty of hair on legs & underarms. 

Contributor

I went 11 months once!  Just when I though I was there...bam!

Honored Contributor

Shaving my legs much, much less.

My waist used to be concave, now there is a little buldge below my belly button.

Trusted Contributor
I didn’t even know I was premenopausal, I would cry so easily. Then night sweats, didn’t correlate because I was still spotting. Finally they scraped my lining period stopped and so did the symptoms. I have no sex drive. Won’t take hormones because I had breast cancer last year. I was 57 at conclusion.
Esteemed Contributor

@springers wrote:
I didn’t even know I was premenopausal, I would cry so easily. Then night sweats, didn’t correlate because I was still spotting. Finally they scraped my lining period stopped and so did the symptoms. I have no sex drive. Won’t take hormones because I had breast cancer last year. I was 57 at conclusion.

I was waiting for someone to mention the loss of drive.....I am the same.  Even if I wanted to, forget it because of the changes down there.  I can't even have a pap test because ......well, you can figure that out.  They make Viagara for men.  What about women.....something for desire and something to turn back the clock physically down there.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm in the middle of the beginning of it. As to thinning hair, a hair skin and nail formula with lots of Biotin in it has done wonders for me. I did not expect it to do anything, but it has. DH commented on it spontaneously the other day.

Also, a combo of Amberen plus Evening Primrose Oil plus DIM has completely gotten rid of my hot flashes. I'm sleeping much better too because of that. Just thought I'd share.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Also, I hate the stomach pudge too. I'm working at it. It is smaller. As long as my bust and bum stick out more than my tummy I at least feel somewhat in proportion. But it is still not what I want it to look like.

I've been exercising daily to Gilad TV. (costs $10 a month) He does tummy exercises each show. It's a blast from the past because I used to exercise along with him back in the day on cable. Now I modify all the high impact and twisty moves, but still get a great little workout.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I'm in the middle of the beginning of it. As to thinning hair, a hair skin and nail formula with lots of Biotin in it has done wonders for me. I did not expect it to do anything, but it has. DH commented on it spontaneously the other day.

Also, a combo of Amberen plus Evening Primrose Oil plus DIM has completely gotten rid of my hot flashes. I'm sleeping much better too because of that. Just thought I'd share.

@Porcelain what hair supplement do you use? I used Andrew lessman for several years without success. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain what hair supplement do you use? I used Andrew lessman for several years without success. Thanks

Just good ol Naturemade Hair Skin Nails.