Honored Contributor

Thank goodness it is over but.............   These are few things that happened to me after Menopause.

Hair on head thinned a little

No longer have to shave legs -- hair stopped growing

No longer have to shave underarms -- hair stopped growing

weight gain

My eyebrows continue to grow so I need to tweeze every few days.

How about you?  What changes have you noticed?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have to exercise more often or harder and watch my diet. Several days of junk food and immediately 3 lbs. are put on which, unlike when I was younger, takes much longer to lose. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

—————————

I wish!

Esteemed Contributor

leg and underarm hair disappeared......but i found it....on my chin.....tmi?!

Esteemed Contributor

I am still a little snappy at times 😈 

Regular Contributor

@nana59  You had me LOL, but so true, so true!

Frequent Contributor

I only shave my legs and under my arms about twice a year, whether I need it or not.  I love that!  My hair is no longer oily at all so I only wash my hair once a week instead of every other day.  I am losing a little bit of my hair around my left temple area, but no one has noticed it but me.  Not having a period anymore is the best advantage of growing old as far as I am concerned! 

Regular Contributor

Still have to shave and have hair growing in places I never thought I would see. Hair is thicker and more unruly and I am tired all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Thank goodness it is over but.............   These are few things that happened to me after Menopause.

Hair on head thinned a little

weight gain

My eyebrows continue to grow so I need to tweeze every few days.

How about you?  What changes have you noticed?

@Katcat1  I went into full menopause at 47.  I am65 now.  Like you, never have to shave my legs or underarms.  I do get a few hairs above my lip...I just take a dry bic shaver to my face  once a week. Get rid of peach fuzz and anything else, plus it is a good exfoliating thing to do!

I also have gained a few pounds..in  my belly ...I hate it! I Always had a flat stomach before. I try to keep on eye on my weight....eat healthy...exercise....but I could easily lose 10 pounds🙁 

I have a bit of thinning at my temples....not bad but I KNOW it is there. 

All in all my health is good. On no medication at all. I have had both knees and both hips replaced since 2015....that saved my life and made me whole again.  So grateful for my bionic limbs🙂❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Wish MIL was still here.  She was the one who told me about other bits that turn grey too.  And I was in my 50s and shocked to the core.  Nice to have another laugh with her.