Respected Contributor

Re: ADDING TO THE PREVIOUS THREAD......

@Shanus @I will check them out. The last time I was near the Mac counter it was homecoming  makeup season. Wow! Needless to say It was pandemonium! I love a nice dark lip in the fall/winter! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant True!  Foundation match is critical!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jubilant   Mot drugstore dupes are fine, but my only gripe is foundations, concealers, etc. No testers and impossible to find a match in shade and undertone. 

I always say if you get your foundation and concealers at a dept. store with the perfect shade, that's the most important. Get the foundation wrong and everything added to it looks off.

@Shanus   Yes, I agree the right foundation color is important!  My drugstore will take it back but that's not something I like to do.  I'm thinking...next time, if it's too light, I might just go back for a darker color and mix them.  I have been known to do that... even with higher end foundations

Honored Contributor

Nearly any foundation (and other makeup products) can look great right when applied.  That doesn't impress me one bit to see a drugstore product applied on YT and compared to high end.  It's the longevity, how well it wears, what it looks like in 3 hours, the texture, the color payoff, how it plays with other brand's products.  Maybe drugstore has gotten better.  It must have.  Too many people claim that it has.  There has been a handful of drugstore products I've been "influenced" to try since discovering high end makeup (I've worn drugstore all my life till 2019ish) as I sashayed thru our baby Sephora inside JCP and picked up my first Fenty and Rare Beauty products.  The one drugstore product, imo, that can stand up to my many high end bronzers is the Loreal Infallible 24HR Freshwear.  There really is a difference in drugstore vs highend vs luxury.  It's just not worth it to everyone.  Talapia vs lobster.  Kia vs Lamborghini.  Southwest vs Emirates...ok, that one might be a little far fetched.  Skincare also makes a huge difference.  Anyway, I've used both and this is just what I've concluded Smiley Happy  DH is on his way home.  I need to go get all bougie to take Miss Frankie to an outside, warm water dog wash station.