Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD  Your tree looks great!

Today I tried a new recipe, used sushi rice, fresh ginger, mushrooms & scallions. I used it as a jumping off point, added thinly sliced boneless pork chops & added broccoli florets.

It was another NYT recipe called Crispy Ginger Sticky Rice. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

hi all. we had a nice weekend, so we're ready for the week. it was pretty busy today. Ezra is very interested in the tree this year. last year he didn't seem very impressed. I put the unbreakable decorations on the bottom half of the tree so he could play with them if he wants to. I don't really have a good place to hang stockings, so I just hung his on a cabinet knob where he can reach it. he took it down and carried around the house several times today.

it's turned pretty cool here this week. 30s at night/50s in the daytime.

I had a visit with my optometrist today. she said everything looks really good and gave me a new prescription for reading glasses. the strength is about half of what it was prior to surgery, and I don't need anything now for distance.

@SleeplessinSD, your DD did a beautiful job decorating your tree. so pretty.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y''all.

35DFE9BE-B031-4EBA-92EA-5FDE22E266F6.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hello all

not my here todat. did normal tuesday chores, did not hang out today. freezing today. very BLUSTERY winds today our of north. in fact snow may be a trace tonight. see what happends. did get walk in. had to bundle up it is long john weather today. not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

I slept well and already been busy doing a little more Christmas decorating. It's amazing how adding some strings of lights here and there, and putting a red tablecloth on my dining table with a candle centerpiece can make such a difference. I also collect nutcrackers and have those out too.  I've always loved decorating for the seasons, bit it seems every year now I do a little less. I'll also be purging some beautiful decorations I've collected over the years. I've hated the thought of getting rid of some of them, but it's time. @MariotaMurielle , Ezra reminded me of my grandchildren at Christmas time years ago. I remember as they got a little older, I set out a small tree that they had so much fun decorating. Enjoy every minute of this special time with him...I know you will!

Im having trouble with my left thumb. It hurts to bend. I can feel it clicking. I googled it, and I have something called trigger finger. Amazon sells some elastic bands to wear which helps with the bending. I ordered, and I'm hoping it does.

Thing of and hoping everyone's doing well. Have a great day!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good evening! The painter was by today starting to prep the bathroom for paint. Whatever he could remove from the walls was! Towel bars, toilet paper dispenser, vanity lights & their covers. 

He comes back tomorrow to paint the ceiling. 

I stopped in Michael's to find some small seasonal flowers for the bathroom bud vase. I had small white poinsettias with gold glitter trim but wanted something different. Found a spray of 9 red poinsettias which had thin stems. I separated each one & put them in the vase. Since they are different lengths, they look realistic in that vase. I may look in Hobby Lobby tomorrow to see if they have other ones. Reminder to self: walk into these stores in early November. 

Still dealing with a cold here, had soup for lunch. Will have more of my turkey tetrazzini tonight. 

It's a nippy 33° outside! Have to put gloves in my coat pocket.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much today.

dh did the bj run this morn and fill up the car.

on his walmart for weekly grocery run.

it is sunny and a bit warmer LESS HARSH WIND today.

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Ceiling was painted today & the moldings & door where the contractor had planed it. 

Tomorrow the walls get painted. Looking forward to seeing that. 

Today I started grandsons shopping. Was able to use my JCP rewards to getting more of a discount with online ordering of clothes. Tomorrow if painter finishes early in the day, will visit a Carters for socks for the oldest. 

Still looking for some Brio train items for both Grandsons & age appropriate puzzles. 

Got a texted photo of the oldest decorating a gingerbread house from a kit.

Never got over today to the other craft store to look at seasonal flowers.

Amazon delivered my items to the incorrect building & because of the inconvenience, I am getting a full refund! I did have to walk over in freezing weather to the building across the parking lot to retrieve 2 cookware pans for my 2 oldest. It pays to complain without throwing a hissy fit about it. 

Here is my first decoration which will sit in the guest bathroom on the counter corner.

IMG_0134.jpeg

Honored Contributor

That is a pretty arrangement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning! I just saw this recipe from Ina Garten for an easy, fool proof pie crust. I've tried many of her recipes, and they've all turned out great. Since some of us mentioned having trouble making one, me included, and if you're interested it's titled 'Ina Garten's Foolproof and Rated Better Than Martha Stewart Pie Crust' recipe..

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  - your post will get poofed if you don't remove the link.  Maybe just put the name of the site and not the link.