Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

really not much here today

dh did the laundramat run. all folded and put away.

will take walk later

a very brisk windy cold day here. keeping house cold.

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join U

Good evening! I went to bed last night around 1:30. I binge watched the History Channel's documentary series on Kennedy. Another documentary narrated by Peter Coyote who does many of the Ken Burns documentaries. In case you missed it, the American Buffalo by Ken Burns was excellent -- shown over 2 nights on a PBS channel. 

Anyway, I thought I had recorded all the episodes (6) & realized I missed 2 episodes. So I watched episodes 7 & 8 on Demand.

Today I decided to make turkey tetrazzini with the left over turkey I had gotten. I had just enough for the recipe & made it in an 8" square Corning ware French White baking pan. 

There are many tetrazzini recipes & I tried to stick to the original one with celery, onions & mushrooms. I used thin spaghetti instead of regular spaghetti. My recipe I add a drained jar of diced red pimientos & 1/2 Cup frozen peas. I substituted light cream for the heavy cream. I had the light on hand. I made this because turkey gravy wasn't included with the left over container given to me. 

I will probably freeze the bulk of it as it's a lot of food for me to eat.

Yesterday I decided to label the clear jars that contain various spice blends. Now they are easily readable. I ran out of label tape, but had one on hand to finish the job. Today I stopped into the local Staples & got the tape to have on hand. The shelf price was about $10 more than their website price. I showed the cashier & he honored the website price. 

@MariotaMurielle  I gave up a long time ago making my own pie crusts. I don't have the knack. Once I did buy the Pillsbury pie crusts that you roll out & fit to a pie pan. Then I froze the 2nd one. When I went to use the 2nd crust, when I rolled it out it smelled vinegary. I wasn't sure if it was good so I ended up buying the deep dish frozen pie crust already in their pans. There are usually 2 pie pans per package. 

When you are so busy doing prep for Thanksgiving, I appreciate those prepared crusts. No wonder our Moms opened the Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce! 

Had a relatively quiet day here. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join U

[ Edited ]

Good evening.  Today I did a couple of errands, went through more Christmas stuff to be donated, and wrote out some more Christmas cards.  Don't do a lot of them but find it easier to do a few at a time.

A few years ago I bought a cute Christmas table lantern from Valerie Parr Hill.  It had a red truck in it with "snow" all around.  It lit up and the snow "fell" like a snowglobe and it was so pretty.  Sucked up the batteries though but I still liked it.  Went to put batteries in it last night and it was leaking into the battery compartment.  So out in the trash it went.  Was kind of sad about it but did find 2 red Luminara candles I had forgotten about and will use those in the table display where the lantern was going to go.  

Enjoy your Saturday evening!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Fish it out of the trash. Whenever you have leaking batteries, in a small 1/4 Cup sized bowl, combine baking soda with some water. Make a paste. Clean the interior & the terminals with a Q tip and the paste. You can even take a tweezers to remove any debris around the terminals.

Once it's cleaned try fresh batteries & see if it works. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JudyL  Fish it out of the trash. Whenever you have leaking batteries, in a small 1/4 Cup sized bowl, combine baking soda with some water. Make a paste. Clean the interior & the terminals with a Q tip and the paste. You can even take a tweezers to remove any debris around the terminals.

Once it's cleaned try fresh batteries & see if it works. 

@JustJazzmom  - It wasn't the batteries, it was the liquid from inside the lantern.  Too late anyway, can't fish it out of the dumpster down the street.  That would be just too gross.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  That's a shame that the lantern leaked. 

I have a cold but it feels like it's almost done. No congestion just some sinus issues. 

I'm about to leave to further away market, gas up the car & visit the ATM.

Need to replenish some items in the pantry. 

I have some pork chops defrosting so I can use one for a sushi rice recipe on the stove. I need to buy that rice too. Recipe calls for using thick sliced bacon, cut thinly but I think I may thinly slice a pork chop instead. This is another NYT recipe called Crispy Ginger Sticky Rice.

Have a great Sunday. Rain on the radar for Monday here. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much today

made home made beef stew today for dinner. in crock pot cooking low heat smells delicious.

got morn walk in no rain

got afternoon walk in, very wet outside, rain has come in. chilly wind so had to bundle up.

got chores done

grandson went home this early afternoon.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Our grandson left Friday, and our daughter this morning. We've been relaxing all day, and it feels so good.  We had a great Thanksgiving, and it sounds like everyone here did too.

@JustJazzmom , I missed the JFK documentary. I'll try and catch it on demand.

@JudyL , Ii don't think I've had Marionberry pie, but I've heard of it. It's like a Blackberry, right? Boysenberry is my favorite, so I'm sure I'd love it too.

@MariotaMurielle , I checked the sites you posted. I wanted to try a set of towels, but they were sold out.  The gift set of Christmas coffee is tempting.😊 I'm one more that's never been able to make a good pie crust.  I hope you had a relaxing weekend.

We brought our tree in and my DD and I decorated it. I still have a few Fall things out that I'll put away tomorrow. I'll do a little more Christmas decorating this week. Just too tired today..

B45D9C40-B1A8-4298-A6C3-D95FE6A78992.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  - Yes, a Marionberry is a blackberry.  Your tree looks beautiful.

Honored Contributor

hello all

really nothing earth shattering here.

DH finally found a frozen turkey breast for next week sunday dinner. it is now defrosting. 

did get morn walk in,

have clothes hanging outside. a very windy Monday here with sunshine. clothes are sailing around on the clothes lines in the high breeze.

not much else.later guys