Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Ha, ha, @just bee --  you in a "mood",  are still the best draw in town!   @Teddie  can handle it!

@Oznell 

Aw, thanks. Heart

Heart from Bees, Set of Bee or Honeybee Apis Mellifera Stock Photo - Image of beauty, mellifera ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Teddie 

Hello!  I don't believe we've ever "met".👋

This thread has kind of fallen off over the last couple of years.  We lost a few of our older posters and some just moved on.  

I don't know if you're looking specifically for a thread for widows, of which I am one, or just a place where posters are decent to each other.  Might I suggest The Birds Nest thread in the Among Friends forum.  There are a few of us widows there, a couple recent ones, and others that have experienced losses of other close relatives.  They're a great group, started by @birdmama.

Another thread that I read but don't post in is What Are You Doing Today?  They all seem like a welcoming, caring bunch too.

If you happen to be on the other forum (ProBoards), there is a quite an active widows thread there.  We vent and cry and try to support each other.  They're a wonderful group.

I lost my husband almost six years ago now.  And I can say from my own perspective, some days it actually seems harder to deal with now than when it first happened.  It's why having some kind and understanding "friends" here and there help so much when you need a shoulder to cry on or a place to vent your frustration.

I wish you well and hope to "see" you around!💔💞🩷🙏

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Teddie 

Hello!  I don't believe we've ever "met".👋

This thread has kind of fallen off over the last couple of years.  We lost a few of our older posters and some just moved on.  

I don't know if you're looking specifically for a thread for widows, of which I am one, or just a place where posters are decent to each other.  Might I suggest The Birds Nest thread in the Among Friends forum.  There are a few of us widows there, a couple recent ones, and others that have experienced losses of other close relatives.  They're a great group, started by @birdmama.

Another thread that I read but don't post in is What Are You Doing Today?  They all seem like a welcoming, caring bunch too.

If you happen to be on the other forum (ProBoards), there is a quite an active widows thread there.  We vent and cry and try to support each other.  They're a wonderful group.

I lost my husband almost six years ago now.  And I can say from my own perspective, some days it actually seems harder to deal with now than when it first happened.  It's why having some kind and understanding "friends" here and there help so much when you need a shoulder to cry on or a place to vent your frustration.

I wish you well and hope to "see" you around!💔💞🩷🙏

Well, hello to you, dear @geezerette! So nice of you to send this message to me. You gave a lot of nice suggestions and I appreciate it so much. 

My heart is with you that you've lost your husband too. And you are right, it's getting harder as time goes on. I remember reading the Widows thread long ago and felt such tenderness for all the ladies. Never thought I'd be where I am now. 

I need to figure out where I should go. You are right in that we need kind, understanding friends. I have been dismayed and hurt over some comments people have said to me, even at the funeral home. One lady said, " Oh, I'm so glad God took (my husband's name) away and took him out of his misery."  I couldn't say a word to her. My husband wanted to live in the worst way and did so much to continue to live. Just an awful thing to say to me. 

We'll visit sometime down the road. Thank you, again.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @Teddie ,  I'm surprised that it still seems to be inactive-- but if desired, you could send out a shout-out.

If inclined, I also thought of another good avenue-- the Bee Hive thread, right here in Among Friends forum.  If you are not familiar with it,  it is a caring, thoughtful and responsive, very funny, ongoing thread.  It couldn't be otherwise, with @just bee  @geezerette  and every one of the other fantastic posters there.   There's none of the disheartening snark or sniping that we've all come to dread.  Everyone who checks in is immediately made welcome.

Anyway,  something to think about....  stay in touch, in whatever way you choose,  @Teddie !  

@Oznell 

Oh, my goodness!  I appreciate the support but I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.  Maybe I should delete all my posts before @Teddie visits and gets the wrong impression! Woman Embarassed

@just bee  Don't you worry one bit what I'd think of you! I can tell who are the kind people on these boards 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @Teddie ,  I'm surprised that it still seems to be inactive-- but if desired, you could send out a shout-out.

If inclined, I also thought of another good avenue-- the Bee Hive thread, right here in Among Friends forum.  If you are not familiar with it,  it is a caring, thoughtful and responsive, very funny, ongoing thread.  It couldn't be otherwise, with @just bee  @geezerette  and every one of the other fantastic posters there.   There's none of the disheartening snark or sniping that we've all come to dread.  Everyone who checks in is immediately made welcome.

Anyway,  something to think about....  stay in touch, in whatever way you choose,  @Teddie !  

@Oznell 

Oh, my goodness!  I appreciate the support but I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.  Maybe I should delete all my posts before @Teddie visits and gets the wrong impression! Woman Embarassed

@just bee  Don't you worry one bit what I'd think of you! I can tell who are the kind people on these boards 🙂

@Teddie 

Well, then drop by the Hive any time! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

@Teddie 

Here are a couple of the threads we referenced right in the Among Friends forum:

"The Bee Hive"...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/The-Bee-Hive-February-2024-Edition/m-p/8344360#M685510

"Birds Nest"...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Birds-Nest-February-2024-Feeling-the-Love/m-p/8306630#M68...

Both start new threads at the beginning of each month, so stop by and say hello!  You'll be welcomed.