Honored Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Geezerette & Silkeej, I am with you when you mention how much you miss your husbands.  Mine is gone 7 years on Valentines Day.  I just can't get over his being gone.  Every day I miss him, not a day goes by that I don't.  A song comes on that we loved and I still cry.  We used to dance to some of those songs.  I dream about him a lot. One night I sat up in bed and called him because my dream was so vivid.  I too come here for Possumms pictures, they are so special.  I just moved last year to be closer to my family and don't regret it at all.  Stil trying to get settled. I miss him in the mornings when we had our coffee together and at 5;30 when he came home.  Dinner was a special time to talk.  Thanks for being there.  I loved him with all my heart!!!!!

@phluphy 

I so agree with what you said.

There are supposedly various "phases" of grief.  One is 'denial' and it apparently occurs early in the grief process.  But quite honestly, I don't think it ever went away for me.  I still can't believe my husband is gone.  And sometimes I find myself mad at him for leaving me.  Because he promised he never would and I believed him.  That was the only promise he ever broke in all the years I knew him.  It just wasn't supposed to happen like this.  (I know: "Famous last words.")

I once told him that the thing I would miss most if he weren't here would simply be his companionship.  We talked all day, every day about anything, everything, and nothing.  And I was right--that's what I miss most.

@phluphy  I'm so glad that moving to be near family has given you some comfort.  I had thought of that (my remaining family is all out of state), but for various reasons it's not possible right now.  But no matter my lifestyle, this emptiness inside will remain. I compartmentalize it, but I doubt it will ever leave completely.

Your relationship with your husband sounds special.  And I'm sure he misses you too.  We just have to keep in mind that someday we will all be reunited.  In the meantime, we do the best we can.  And be grateful to those that understand--like all of those here.

💔🕊❤️

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

It's good to know it's not a place to stay, and good to remind ourselves it is a passage.  Passing through it sure does take forever though.

@Snoopp 

Yes, it surely does.

As painful as it may be though, I'm so grateful for the time we did have together.  So many people are never blessed to have that kind of relationship.

Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

May be a cartoon of text

Will try to catch up.  Just got back from my grandson's wedding in Tampa.   So much to do including unpacking, taxes, cats, birds and SLEEP!!  

Hope y'all are doing ok.  BBL  Heart

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'April is here! May this month shower you with love, peace, and many blessings! FB/ @ARSA BRITISHBIRD'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and nature

Trusted Contributor

Possummink, so glad your back.  What a wonderful treat to attend your GS wedding in Fla.  Sorry you had problems with the car.  Hopefully you'll find your house keys too.  Must have been magical that you got to see all your family also.

You must be exhausted, give yourselves time to recoup.  Will we get to see some pictures of the event?  Hope so.  Take care and rest as best you can.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of prairie gentian, indoor and text that says '2 Avril Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

@phluphy 

Phulphy,   It was a beautiful time for all of us who were at the wedding.  The picture above is one I took out of one of the windows from where the reception was held.   Right on Tampa Bay.  The sunset was stunning and my phone photo doesn't do it justice, but it gives you an idea of what a beautiful place the wedding was held at.  The ceremony was outside at about 4:30 in the afternoon.   

We were not supposed to take photos,  all phones were to be shut down.   I hope to get some of the photos the professionals took.   Several photographers were doing vidoes, still shots, casual pictures and formal pictures.  Hope to see them soon. 

Honored Contributor

Easter Egg Decor - Good Friday