Honored Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

Happy Birthday Charlie!!   My DH has a September birthday. I always go out to the cemetery and take him flowers and a Happy Birthday ballon that I tie to his flower pot so it stays. For some I know it is difficult to go to the cemetery ,but for me its a chance to visit with him. I like to believe when I am there he is too, silly  maybe too some,  but it gives me great comfort and happiness to be with him and even though I am sure he is aware of all that is going on he gets a repeat from me and in my heart and mind we have a lovely visit. 

@Silkeej 

It doesn't sound silly at all to me.  It sounds lovely and comforting.❤️

Trusted Contributor

Thank you! Some of my dear friends just don't get it and...

[ Edited ]

@geezerette Thank you! Some of my dear friends just don't get it and to me its really quite sad.   My DH is at a National Cemetery so it is not only beautiful and well kept but losts of beautiful pine trees with a gorgeous view of Mt. Rainier. It's very quiet and peaceful. I always take a handful of pennies to put on the graves in my DH row, it says they had a visitor. Its a National cemetery so I assume a lot of the heros resting there are from out of state so they probalby don't see their families real often, so they get my company when I visit. Its comforting to know he is safe and well taken care of and in the best of company.Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi phulphy I just noticed our DH's must have passed the same year. In October my Husband will have been gone 7 years. Seems impossible he has been gone that long. It was very difficult at first as he passed on my birthday but my family has figured out a way we can celebrate my day and the day he left us.  I like you miss him very much. I hope lyou are doing well. Next time you are in touch with Benzi give her my best. 

Trusted Contributor

Silkeej, Tjamk you for the kind words.  I will give Benzi the message from you.  We chat almost every day.  Her husband and mine's BD's are in the same month.

I had a special bond with Benzi and we have kept in touch for awhile.  She is a special lady too.

All my best to you and keep that special placee in your heart for your Husband too.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of cat and text that says 'Hello Bonjour Pond Page Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

We finally got some snow on Wednesday, about 3 inches, not much but beautiful.   It was 12 degrees this morning when I had to get up early to take Moose to the vet so he could be neutered.  Long day,  for me.  Won't post much tonight.  Cold and so bright outside with the full Wolf Moon shining on our snow.  

@Silkeej 

Silkeej,   Charlie is buried too at a National cemetery.  Jefferson Barracks National on the banks overlooking the Mississippi River.   It's a beautiful place and so many buried there, even from the Civil War and maybe earlier.  It's quite a drive for me, way on the other side of the city,  probably about 35 to 40 miles. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird, nature and text that says 'Murphy Fine Art Photography'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Belle Soinée Happy Evening Posté/FB Page Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature and tree

Full Wolf Moon over Houston, Missouri,  Texas County!