Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

☮ * ° ♥ ˚ℒℴѵℯ cjf

Honored Contributor

This is the moment a new born giraffe appears to get a kiss on the head from its loving pa...

Honored Contributor

Best 50 Saturday Morning Inspirational Quotes - Quotes Yard

Trusted Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

Hi Possummnk:

Just stopping by and hoping you are having a good day. I think summer may have found us this next week looks like temps in the 70's and 80's . 

All my projects are scheduled to start this month so I am happy all the bids and negotiating are done and we can get busy. And the weather looks like it is going to cooperate.

I have a hummingbird feeder hanging on my front porch and can tell you they are a delight to watch. Some are quite small, while others are larger and more colorful. It keeps me busy just keeping the food out for them. I read somewhere that once you start feeding them they do become dependant on your generosity. Some will leave when they migrate while others are here year round. I am sure they are not going to be happy with the pressure washing and painting on the house as I will need to move their feeder to the front tree. I will bring it back to the porch once all the work is done. I love seeing them. 

Wishing all of you a very good week and weekend. Stay safe and take care of yourselves. Heart

Respected Contributor

Hello friends,

You are probably all living as differently as we are these days. Nothing of our usual routines remains, but we have not contracted the virus, so are thankful. I'm 86, and sheltering in place or in Grace, except to go to doctor's appointments. Tomorrow I see the dermatologist, Thursday the cardiologist. 

We have to wear masks everywhere we go and sometimes we wear gloves. DD#2 was able to retire the end of May, which is a great blessing. I need help now and she is here to give it. There are lots of things on her plate. 

We haven't been able to have any family gatherings since the group picture on January 29th. My baby GGdaughters are 3 years old, her little sister 8 months old and their cousin 2 years old. I'm thankful for little video/audio clips now and then and duo phone calls. Even a family zoom or two. 

I get lonely and anxious and just can't see anything ever being the same as it was just a few months ago. 

The anarchy in the streets troubles me more than the virus. 

I hope you are all staying well and finding ways to do what you need to do. 

I think the Q is doing a good thing helping lots of people be able to make purchases for essentials and sometimes just something to perk up their spirits. I get all my clothing from them and the rest of what I buy through Amazon.

Deliveries are much slower now, but most things get here sooner or later.

I do hope you are all staying in and washing your hands,etc. 

snappy 

Super Contributor

Hi Snappy -  So good to see you post.   This is something we have never had to go through before, thank goodness.  I am like you, do not get to see the little ones.  My 2 daughters did visit this week and brought me Chinese for lunch so that was a treat.

I had several medical appointments right before this happened so I am grateful for that.  My son runs my errands for me and sometimes I ride along to 'people watch'.   So difficult for people having to wear masks, I especially feel for the employees in the stores having them on for several hours.

Every thing is difficult - I needed to do some banking and looked online to check hours, etc.   It stated that you could only have one person accompany you, etc.  Luckily most everything I do can be done in the drive-thru lines.

I like to read and have a Kindle so that helps pass the time, there is not much on TV that appeals to me.

I am 83 and it seems like we have much in common.  Good to see you here.     

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Snappy:

So good to see your post, I have missed you and glad you are doing okay.  It is a difficult time for all of us right now. I too don't like all the unrest in our country and worry about the outcome. I did cancel all my appointments at the beginning of the Virus but now have them rescheduled for next month. It appears it isn't just going to go away and life goes on. 

We too have had to put all family gatherings on hold to protect each other. Not fun, miss everyone as I am sure you miss your family and especially those Grandbabies.  My DS does all the grocery shopping they don't feel the grocery store is a good place for me so my time out is limited and I try to make the best of it when I can. I do a lot of online shopping but shipping is really slow from everyone.

I have a couple home projects that are keeping me busy, getting bids, negotiating, and setting up start dates. They are things that need to be done for the upkeep.  My DH would probably be glad I have learned to do this. It would have been his job had he been here. I had to do some research on pricing so I know approximately what it should cost. 

So glad you DD is home with you sheltering in place is lonely. I am so very grateful for my children who have kept me going.

Stay safe and healthy Snappy. Please check in from time to time and let us know how you are doing my friend. Heart

Honored Contributor

I echo what everyone else is feeling at this time.  I'm not a social butterfly and my circle is naturally small however I'm feeling it.  My neighbor's husband died at the end of May and I sent a sympathy card.

Under regular circumstances I would pop in next door and see how she's doing.  She and her family have felt the virus is a hoax since day one and didn't practice mask wearing and I wonder if her husband, who already had COPD, picked up coronavirus from all the coming and going of non masking wearing people.  It's one of those things you'll never know and his quality of life was going downhill from the COPD anyway so I take comfort that he is not struggling.

Sunday July 19th marked 17 years since I got married.  My husband has been gone longer than he was with me and I still felt some kind of way.

I had an appointment with a garage door company yesterday and will be getting new garage doors; double garage door for cars and single garage door that opens out to the patio.  Had my husband lived we probably would have done this by now.

Crazy as this is - when they guy was leaving after I made my choice and gave him the deposit, I found myself feeling really melancholy about the new garage doors.

When we bought the the owners (only family that ever owned it) really embraced the concept of 'colonial'.  The garage doors and shutters were green and the big garage door had a black carriage design painted on it.

We lived here a couple of years and I really disliked the green color and that colonial carriage painted on the door.  My husband put alot of work into that garage door in particular to get rid of the carriage and paint the door a nice shade of blue.  He wasn't crazy about heights and he crawled up to the second story and removed all of the shutters to paint them the same color as the garage door.

He didn't mind the color or the design on the garage door.  He did this for me and I think that's why I felt emotional yesterday.    

I believe these are original garage doors so I am looking at late 60's for the big door and early 70's for the garage addition (that's when it was build on the house).

He's been gone 13 1/2 years and I still hit the occasional bump in the road over something.  I hope he can see the new garage doors from heaven and likes what I've chosen.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise