Respected Contributor

Hello, gezerette, kind of you to post. My pc doctor's office told me that the insurance company is taking their elderly patients like me away from the "good" doctors. I've filed an appeal with them and a verbal grievance with Secure Horizons. Talked with someone at United Health Care. That man said I should get a PPO instead of an HMO, but I know the premiums are very high.

The dry eyes irritate and then pitting occurs in the corneas which minimizes my vision. The stem cell patch healed the right eye, but I haven't had the left one treated. It wasn't bad enough, but it's my "good" eye. I have ambliopia in the right one.

I'm grateful I can see at all, and am sure I'll get to see my own eye doc again, or I'll have to transition to the place they want me to go. Must cost them less. It's not about the patients, or even the doctors, but about their bottom line. I've also lost my GYN, but that's not so bad at my age. Others can no longer see their pain management doctor or the rheumatologist. Those are so important for them.

Halfpint, I can read your posts.

Thank you for caring. I'm sort of dreaming about wearing fleecy things, but it won't be anytime soon.

I have another pair of shoes I have to return to the Q. It's another thing that DD has to do, but the right one digs into my ankle. They are ankle boots, cute and comfy otherwise, but I'd never wear them.

So far the Q sends me anyting I order. Sorry you are having trouble with that. I buy all my clothing through them except for bras. I get those through Amazon. It takes a long time for orders to get here from the Q, but through Amazon it's the next day or maybe 2.

Hope you can get out to walk soon. Just be careful.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@snappyfrappy

Thanks snappy. I went back and enlarged my print. Sorry I did not do that before because I find it easier to read as well.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy and So Good to Read your Posts !! Hoping YOU our doing good.. sending Prayers out to those in Colorado, so very SAD.. and Lives Lost.. 

Issy, MsLoMo , and to all of YOU hoping you our doing Good.. !! Sorry i have not been on here Much.. So Many things going on, WE had our regular cook out at our Grandsons, and So Many People their and Fun Times.. Our grandson hooked up A Huge Bubble Machine and all of the Children Enjoyed Fun Times.. and Weather Perfect, our Little Great Grandchildren were their and So Happy to see all of Them.. Well our " Corevette ~~ Funfest " is coming up so today i Washed And Waxed Maybellene.. she is ready to roll.. i shall sign off and get ready for Bed.. GOOD NIGHT and YES I think of All of YOU .. our little Great Grandson is 8 Months Old Now Crawling every Place and Trying to Walk.. Loves all Animals and Loves trying to Help as taking Dishes out of the Dish Washer..so cute..  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi snappy glad yo u can see my writing for I wo uld of had my son change it larger. I know very  little abo ut this chrome. I have scan as my company and they send me to differernt doctors. I like my main one but he hardly sees me a long time. This morning I had bad diahrea and I think it could be the melatonin for I do not go like I use to. Sorry for the subject. I can't believe it is 96 now.

How do you add on to someones sentences so they  see it then?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Possummink, I try very hard to not let special days get me down but this birthday seemed so difficult to get through.  I woke up and wished him a Happy Birthday and then thought how the day would have been if he was here and then I just couldn't get past the thought it was from now on always going to be this way and my heart just ached. The tears came and I guess I spent the day thinking of him and feeling sorry for myself.  Thank goodness for my family they must have known it was a hard day because they showed up one by one to spend the evening and have dinner just like we always have.

I do feel a lot better now I went out and saw him, had a lovely conversation with him and realized how lucky I really am to have my wonderful family we made together. In each of us, he will live on that's a good feeling. He was loved.Heart

I appreciate all of you reaching out to me, just knowing I have friends who care means so much to me and a safe place I can come and let my feeling out.  Thank you all for being here for me. I hope I can do the same for you if you ever need a friend to get you through a tough day.Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi, geezerette:

Thank you so much for your kind words of support and for being here for me.  Yes, I am feeling much better today. I appreciate you.Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi, doxie1:

What a great idea you had and what a lovely thing to do.  I have been a member of the Humane Society for many years and donate when I can. I also give food to our local shelter to help the animals there. It is my favorite charity. Thank you for reaching out to me, it means a lot.Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi Snappy:

I am trying so hard to accept what is, but as hard as I try this birthday really hit home. My family must have known it was a sad day and they all showed up for supper and the evening. What a nice surprise and a happy one too. I just felt better knowing he was probably here with all of us. He knows he is loved and missed and not forgotten. Heart

Thank you for your kindness and reaching out to me. I appreciate all you do for me my Friend. God bless.Heart

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

Antidepressant medications can cause diarrhea.  

If your issues started after your doctor prescribed the medication for your anxiety, that could be your answer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Red Top I have not taken anxiety drugs in maybe 2 weeks. Trying to accept the noise. I do take melatonin to sleep better.