Honored Contributor

Nice & Awesome Anthro Knockoff Heart Collector #Pillow Very beautiful to look at.:

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

Honest to Pete, 2016 is shaping up to look like 1992 or 2007.  1992 and 2007 were real corkers for my family, we seriously thought another shoe would drop each of those years before the glitter ball on DickClarks Rockin Eve.  

This year, my favorite boss in my entire career passed in March.  Prince (fan here since I was 16) passed in April, my best friend at work Ruth passed in June, my SIL in AZ was diagnosed with CA only to find after surgery it wasn't CA (blessing for sure, my nerves still shot) and this month my sister passed.

Yesterday my SIL (one that doesn't really have CA after all) called to tell me my brother in law was fighting cellulitis which morphed into bone infection and he was losing a leg below the knee today.  They are doing this to save his life.  I'm waiting for news.  

Some years, when it rains it pours.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Red Panda Ornament ♡ by SandhraLee on Etsy:

Respected Contributor

Hi halfpint, sorry you can't use your fireplace. We burned wood in ours the first few years, but it got to be too much of a mess, so hubby put in gas burning logs which look real.

I enjoy it a lot.

No I don't live in Glendora or where the burn areas are. My BFF lives in Azusa, but all is well with her, except she just lost her hubby. He had dementia, and one day recently he fell in the garage and hit his head and fractured his skull which caused bleeding in the brain and damage to the brain stem. He went to be with the Lord the next day. His memorial service was in Glendora and DD and I attended.

Glad they figured out where the barrel belonged. What will you and your son be doing for Christmas. I know you said you had purchased things for him.

It's a beautiful day here. And I love sleeping at night when it's cold. Down into the 40s here, but below freezing in the deserts and mountains.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi possummink, it looks beautiful there, but I've heard of black ice and how dangerous it is. Glad your DD took her DD to work and back. I'm sure it takes some experience to learn how to drive in those conditions.

Because it rains so seldom out here, the first time it does there are lots of accidents. The oil slicks on the freeways cause accidents. People don't know how to drive in rain either.

Staying inside sounds good to me. DD took my car to church today and then drove around until she had put 30 more miles on it. Now it's up to 100, so pretty soon we can get the smog device checked and then put in a new battery. I'll have to make myself to out and start it several times a week or there's no sense having the car.

My 3 regular doctors are in town and I like being able to drive myself there at my convenience.

Blessings on you,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

birdmama, what a horrible year. So sorry. Have prayed for your BIL having that terrible surgery today and for his healing, both physical and psychological in the days ahead.

Hope he can one day have a prosthesis and walk again.

Hang in there. One day at a time. Stop by anytime just to chat or vent or whatever you need. We are here.

snappy Cat Happy

Frequent Contributor

@possummink @Bird mama @snappyfrappy @halfpint1 @Silkeej@10grands 

@goldensrbest @MsLomo @Bobbi sue

I wanted to write Olivia's friends, here, to share the sad news that karuna (Olivia) passed away December 4, 2016.

I waited to have her son's permission before writing you.  Once they read this forum they were deeply moved and touched and understood how important you were to her.  She shared  with me before I typed the annoucement that her grandson had been born, " I feel a deep fondness and respect for the women I've met on the widows forum.  They are facinating, strong women with loving hearts and are so supportive."  

She did want to write a note to each of you and had dictacted them, with full intention of writing.  I can share she wanted to finish her last letter wishing you well and hoping you all have yourself a merry little Christmas (singing the song).  And... whatever you find beautiful, whatever is meaningful to you, whatever brings you joy and happiness, may it always be yours.

Her granddaughter was born on December 9, 2016.  She is healthy, has a full head of dark hair and dark eyes and dimples too.  She was 7lbs  and 22" long.  Her sons named the boy after their father and the girl after their mother--first, middle and last names.

Sadly, so profoundly sad is Olivia did not live long enough.  I left her, after calling her sons that she having very strong head pain.  She asked if I could help her into her husbands shirt and into bed.  She was holding family photos and a letter.  She asked me to put on some music gave me a hug and thanked me and told me she was so very grateful and loved her family.  I told her they know.   She asked me to go home and hug my mother.   I knew she wanted to be alone, but I waited until one son arrived.  She was in a coma in that hour + I waited, and was gone hours later.  

Her sons were and still are very sad as are all who knew her. But we are also happy. Her entire family, babies too were at her memorial which was pre-planned to be her tribute to everyone she had ever known, thanking them for enriching her life.   I had never been to a meorial like that.  Beautiful. Everyone was given a pewter pocket heart, some poetry and a flower. Her sons and some friends did take a short time, trying to respect her wishes, and shared beautiful memories of her love, strength and the joy she left everyone she had ever known, feel.  Even in pain, she smiled.  As her son said, "...she loved.  Because she loved, she loved living and all it brought to her.  She jumped headlong into anything and everything and her love and energy was contagious and is now yours..."

With respect and love for Olivia,

Maria

And on behalf of Olivia and her family, thank you.

Honored Contributor

@karuna

To Maria, my heart is heavy with this news, even though Olivia tried to prepare me for it.  I cannot thank you enough for coming back to this thread to let us know that Olivia transitioned to the next dimension.

To Olivia's sons, I extend my condolences to you during this bittersweet time in your lives.  Your beloved mother and father live on in each of you and the new lives that you recently welcomed home.  Olivia is so proud of each of you and I know without a doubt you are aware of how beloved you each are to her.

Olivia, you were heavy on my mind during this last full moon.  I was grieving the loss of my sister and didn't do too much dancing under the stars in the moonlight.  I will think of you every time I see a starry night and remember what I said, when you feel like dancing, wobble on over to Michigan and I'll be in my yard looking for your star.

Respectfully, Bernadette

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Honest to Pete, 2016 is shaping up to look like 1992 or 2007.  1992 and 2007 were real corkers for my family, we seriously thought another shoe would drop each of those years before the glitter ball on DickClarks Rockin Eve.  

This year, my favorite boss in my entire career passed in March.  Prince (fan here since I was 16) passed in April, my best friend at work Ruth passed in June, my SIL in AZ was diagnosed with CA only to find after surgery it wasn't CA (blessing for sure, my nerves still shot) and this month my sister passed.

Yesterday my SIL (one that doesn't really have CA after all) called to tell me my brother in law was fighting cellulitis which morphed into bone infection and he was losing a leg below the knee today.  They are doing this to save his life.  I'm waiting for news.  

Some years, when it rains it pours.

I looked it up. ..HUGS:THEY ARE LIKE HANDSHAKES FROM THE HEART !!!! HERE'S A HEARTY ONE JUST FOR YOU !!!!

Bernie,   You have had a lot of sad things occur this year and I am hoping the 2017 is much better, kinder, and happier for you, Till then, sending hugs and hope your BIL comes through the surgery just fine.   ((((((((Bernie)))))))