Honored Contributor

Related image

A Rufous Towhee.   We used to have these beautiful birds visit our yard years ago.   Haven't seen them since so much of the land around here was 'over-developed'.  Such a shame that some land isn't set aside for the wild critters who used to call these areas 'home'.  Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

You are the bravest, most loving human , dannyswife.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Karuna, bless you for using some of your time and energy to let us know how things are.

You are an amazing woman and we are blessed to be part of your life.

My hubby never talked about his illness either. I used to wonder if he really understood how serious it was. At the end when the doc said it was time for hospice, he asked the only such question "what is the time frame?". Ever the engineer. He never exhibited any fear. Of course he knew he was going to be with the Lord which is far better.

Praying all the time that you will see and hold those babies. It sounds like your sons have loving and supportive wives and will be alright. Of course they will feel orphaned and maybe abandoned, but not for long. Thoughts like that are part of the grief process.

You are a wonderful mother.

It's good that you have control over your daily schedule. You are realistic, so I know you will have help when you know it's time.

You never could over share here. We love you so much and truly feel we know you and care.

You are in my prayer life all the time as I breathe out your name to the Lord.

Love the way your kids are telling on themselves as little ones....mothers do have eyes in the back of their heads and a sort of esp. Too cute.

Come back when you can.

We are going to DD#1 and her hubbys' for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm thankful for the chance to know you.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

birdmama, my heart goes out to you. Ten years in one sense is a long time, but I know that it can also feel like yesterday. You had so much to deal with during the happiest time of the year.

Bless you for your kind letter to our karuna.

My heart aches for her and the tears flow freely many times.

Your life with the birds you've rescued sounds so interesting. Do they have cages, or are they free inside your home? Do they get along with each other?

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving whatever you do.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

MsLomo, I've been holding your hand for many years, and it feels so good.

Thank you for reading here. These women are so truly wonderful and even though

they may deny it, they are brave. We love one another as sisters.

I'll see you on the other thread, but I just want you to know that you are a lovely person with a heart of empathy for others and the circle of hands is growing.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

possummink, I love that picture of the group hug. Thank you. I read elsewhere about how you care for the banana plants when they are inside as they are now. Glad there are people to water them when you are in FL.

Hope you continue to feel better.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

goldens, have you heard anything new from DannysWife? I haven't. I knew she was going to have a second round of chemo but don't know how that went or how she is generally.

I pray for her every day.

snappy Heart

Honored Contributor

@snappyfrappy

This thread was around when I start peeking at the forums in 2008/2009.  At that time I had been working through my grief and was hesitant to talk about my husband's passing.  Sadly, there is such a stigma with the way he went and although I completely understood as his friend, the wife in me choked on it a little, lol.  I was never ashamed of his actions - I support a person's right to choose although that is not lawful here in Michigan. 

I live in a 2 story house (folks in the burbs call them colonials - I think that is so pretentious, lol).  My sparrows each have a 30 inch flight cage in their own room.  For the most part, they fly between 3 rooms that I converted to aviaries.  Grayson is ground bound, the attack damaged his ability to fly.  I have protective materials on the floor.  I figure I'd get that out of the way since most people ask, Bernie what do you do about the poop?

I can't speak for anyone else's birds, mine tend to go on the paper and protective materials under various perch sites.  Every once in a while there is an accident and it doesn't bother me, just like it didn't bother me when I had a geriatric dog. 

Poppi had a sister Peewee.  I lost my beloved Peewee 4th of July weekend in 2014.  I thank God though that I was there the day she was born and with her when she flew over the rainbow bridge.  Little Presto had been part of the sparrow flock for a year and keeps Poppi company.  Grayson is socialable like a dog, he gets along with everybody.

I sometimes worry for Presto because for 3 years she has always had one of her kind in the house.  She's had Peewee and then Poppi and I fret that she will feel lost when the day comes Poppi has to go Home.  Presto is the most tame of the sparrows that have lived with me.  I love to dance and she loves to sit on my shoulder and run up and down my arm when I do so.

I'm weird and it appears my bird children picked up on that.  I never had human children so I definitely make my mark on whatever animal lives with me and vice versa :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

i loved your post.  it almost makes me want birds!  we do have an african gray who talks a lot and is a lot of fun.. we or i should say per dh have just gotten a couple months ago two longhaired  chihuahuas who are really testing my patience.  lol 

i do love reading about your birds though.

Honored Contributor

Casona del Manzano, Tapalpa Jalisco     This ancient mansion from the end of the 18th century, located in the cool temperate climate of Tapalpa, Jalisco, was once part of the settlements where the collaborators of the Hacienda Buenavista were lodged. Since 1920 the house passed into the patrimony of the Manzano family.: