Honored Contributor

Nothing serious... but would just like another opinion on this.

May last I emailed the company that installed a new furnace and heat pump for us a couple of years ago. I wanted to set up a visit for yearly maintence of the system.  The lady I emailed said that the fellow that does the repairs etc had surgery and would hopefull be back to work in June. 

... so, I emailed her mid June and asked for an update on the situation for maintanince on the furnace and heatpump.... she wrote that hopefully he would be back to work in the next couple of weeks...  All July no communication....

Now it is August ... no emails or updates from her... I want to be nice but why can't she just let me know where things stand... a simple email?  I am wondering if I should just go ahead and hire another company as there are so many that could have come out and taken care of the situation long ago.... I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt as they are a small family owned company and did do a nice install job a couple of years ago..

So my question is... do I AGAIN email her on an update... or just move on and hire another company? 

Honored Contributor

Re: input on this situation...

Just hire another company.  It's fairly obvious they can't or don't want to provide you with routine maintenance YEARS after they did that big installation.  

Respected Contributor

Move on.  If the company can't update, email or call you...how can you depend on them to show up for the work to be done?

Honored Contributor

find someone else, 

and don't give it more thought

Honored Contributor

Move on and get another company.  IMO you have been more than patient.  I, personally, hate being ignored and it's easy enough to send an email with a status update.

Respected Contributor

The person you are emailing may no longer be with the company.  Have you tried calling?  And yes--I hate calling and would rather email, but given The Great Resignation, many people have left companies and their email isn't necessarily forwarded to anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Can you call her? If you don't get good results from that hire another company. 

Honored Contributor

We went through something similar.

For many years we had a company come out and do an annual check up on our furnace. We also had a service contract with them. It worked out well for many years. Any problems they came out and fixed it.

Then the company no longer handled service contracts and annual maintenance.

After much searching my husband found another local company. We went away for a week last summer and when we came back the furnace was running?!?!?!?!

Called the new company that we were paying for the service contract. The service guy no sooner walked in the door and he said we needed a new furnace. He had not looked at the furnace. It was the first time they had to service our furnace. But after much talking he did replace the part that needed to be replaced. Then he sent a salesman to our house to give us the hard sell for a new furnace.

Our furnace had been working just fine and we don't feel we need a new one. Since they said that we needed a new furnace our service contract was no longer valid. Because the service contract states if we do no follow the recommendation of the repairman our contract is void. And since we did not buy a new furnace, we were not honoring the contract.

We no longer have anyone. And had no problems last winter. But now we aren't sure what to do. No one seems to want to do annual check ups or service.

Wonder if you are getting the brush off, since you asked them since May. You would think is they wanted your business THEY would follow up with you. Good Luck if you have to find another company.

Honored Contributor

sounds like most of you comenting are suggesting that I move on... I am probably going to do that... but,

will call her on the phone first to see what the situation is... give her the benefit of the doubt...

Thanks everyone.

I will continue to read the comments  but will not  comment back.  Will let you know what I decide to do after the call to her.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden "Nice" has nothing to do with it. This is business.

Call someone else. I'm guessing there are many companies out there looking for work  and you'll get the help you need.

And IF the original company contacts you tell them "you snooze, you lose." And make NO apology.