Honored Contributor

Re: input on this situation...

If you really like them, I would send her a final email that says you really would love to continue their service with you.  But, if circumstances still prevent that, you would completely understand. If they do have any current availability to come to you, you would love an appointment ASAP. 

Honored Contributor

@godi No. She has been getting no results for qutie awhile. Time to move on.

Honored Contributor

I would call her and explain the situation in-person.  If she isn't more forthcoming, or if it isn't possible to call, go ahead and hire another company.  

If they have only one repairman, it's probably best to find another company anyway.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

sounds like most of you comenting are suggesting that I move on... I am probably going to do that... but,

will call her on the phone first to see what the situation is... give her the benefit of the doubt...

Thanks everyone.

I will continue to read the comments  but will not  comment back.  Will let you know what I decide to do after the call to her.

SeaMaiden, I agree with godi and would give them one last chance.

You did note it is a small, family company. Sometimes even one person being ill can greatly affect service. If the person is seriously illl, they may not want to release that information. 

I am glad you are giving them the benefit of the doubt. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I would run, not walk, to establish a relationship with a company on which I could depend.  What if your system needs a serious repair?  Are you going to wait 2-3 months for heat or AC?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Nothing serious... but would just like another opinion on this.

May last I emailed the company that installed a new furnace and heat pump for us a couple of years ago. I wanted to set up a visit for yearly maintence of the system.  The lady I emailed said that the fellow that does the repairs etc had surgery and would hopefull be back to work in June. 

... so, I emailed her mid June and asked for an update on the situation for maintanince on the furnace and heatpump.... she wrote that hopefully he would be back to work in the next couple of weeks...  All July no communication....

Now it is August ... no emails or updates from her... I want to be nice but why can't she just let me know where things stand... a simple email?  I am wondering if I should just go ahead and hire another company as there are so many that could have come out and taken care of the situation long ago.... I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt as they are a small family owned company and did do a nice install job a couple of years ago..

So my question is... do I AGAIN email her on an update... or just move on and hire another company? 

@SeaMaiden  would another Company service this? I would call the Company that did the installation, rather than emailing. They can't just have one repair person.  Who services your appliances and air conditioner?  you can just have one Company servicing everything. A package.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

If you really like them, I would send her a final email that says you really would love to continue their service with you.  But, if circumstances still prevent that, you would completely understand. If they do have any current availability to come to you, you would love an appointment ASAP. 

@Laura14  I'm always happy to see you. Best wishes always!!

Honored Contributor

I would most certainly give them another chance. If his health has allowed him to return to work they are probably running behind. I stand firm to utilize small business owners.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 Thank you!  To you too. You have no idea how much I needed a kind word today. Heart

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

sounds like most of you comenting are suggesting that I move on... I am probably going to do that... but,

will call her on the phone first to see what the situation is... give her the benefit of the doubt...

Thanks everyone.

I will continue to read the comments  but will not  comment back.  Will let you know what I decide to do after the call to her.

@SeaMaiden I'd call her and make it clear that you're disappointed with no response. Tell her you wanted to give them your business, but need to know, NOW, if they are available and will have timely responses. If not, you're moving on. I wouldn't be ugly, but I would be firm and assertive.