Trusted Contributor

Re: does your hubby cook for you?

DH does most of the cooking, which is a win-win.  He loves to cook and I love to eat 😃!

Contributor

He takes whatever I cooked, heats it in the microwave and tells me he cooked. 

Honored Contributor

Right now he's in the kitchen roasting cauliflower, potatoes and eggplant for curry.  He started playing around in the kitchen a few years ago and now he's a fabulous cook. 

Sometimes I help. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

My husband loved to cook and did most of the cooking until a point where he seemed to sit watching TV while I cooked and whenever we were entertaining he would always accept any compliments on the food by saying he taught me everything I know about cooking!  Smile...yes dear.

Respected Contributor

Mine does cooking and most of the grocery shopping.  That is all he does though as far as daily chores and housekeeping.  I do everything else, housecleaning, laundry, paying bills, taking care of calls, dogs etc.  As far as cooking he really only does it about two or three times a week.  We eat out  a couple times a week and he makes a ton when he does cook so we eat it for at least two days.  

Honored Contributor

No he doesnt ,. He can make a great egg sandwich, peanut butter toast and that is about it lol. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

No.. lol..
Trusted Contributor

No he doesn't.  I wish he did.  I have to make everything.  I recently helped him lose 40lbs.  By the time I get done with his meals I don't feel like making anything for myself.  I don't like to cook.  If I have to make something for myself I can throw stuff together. I'm happy with a protein shake or a bowl of cereal or an egg and toast.  Everything I eat he makes a face at and tells me it's bad for me. 

I don't eat dinner (I don't like to eat at night) but I have to make him a dinner and clean up.  I make his lunches for work.  Sometimes breakfast but lately he has been having yogurt and fruit for breakfast so I've been off the hook on those mornings.

In the beginning of 2021 he pegged the sugar meter at the doctors and freaked out.  So I started a low sugar low carb menu for him.  Problem is now he's scared to eat anything unless I tell him "it's ok".  I would LOVE to have a man that cooks.  I'm not picky but he is and it's annoying to cater to his every food fear.  I lost 25 lbs but I've been at a plateau.

Recently I've been trying harder but I'm a stress eater and have had alot of stress lately.  I wouldn't have anywhere near the grocery bill if I wasn't cooking for him.  It's amazing how fast all the fruits, veggies, specialty items add up.  We don't even go out to eat anymore since he's afraid to eat regular food.  He's afraid he'll gain weight if he goes out one time.  It's become ridiculous.  I would kill to go out to eat once and have someone make a meal and clean up.    

Respected Contributor

Yes he does.  He has always been the main cook.  Never any pressure to cook unless I want to.