Respected Contributor

Re: does your hubby cook for you?

Once a year - on Thanksgiving he makes the turkey and the stuffing. He grills - does that count? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs  The mods or the mod on duty accused me of attacking someone. What a joke. I didn't attack anybody. I had a lot of posts over there, I think over 300?

A new poster with all of 10 posts came on the thread with guns blazing, using words like "disgusting" and "ignorant;" I was afraid they were going to get in trouble (!) so I told them about the code of conduct and added "no offense." I thought I was doing them a favor! I wasn't mean or snarky at all. The mods closed the thread and when I asked why on the suggestions for improvement board, they said I had personally attacked that person! 

I typed my reply to this accusation and as soon as my post hit the board, they deleted it! That was the last straw. I guess they were worried it made them look silly - so since they locked the thread I started and worked on, and plus deleting my post, I deleted myself and left them to it.

The board was so D - E - D that evening when I started that thread, I was just trying to make something interesting to talk about, and then when I started it, everyone began posting on it and it took off, it was a good discussion.

How ridiculous it all is. Shout out to @JamandBread though! Thanks girl happy0005.gif

Honored Contributor

No...he has no idea how to cook, but will do dishes.  His idea of cooking is suggesting we eat out and he buys!

Respected Contributor

Before I married my ex, my Stepdaughter said, "Please marry Dad Dad can't cook."   She was six years old. He had custody of two young girls.

He was a boring cook , serving the same foods over and over. Didn't like to deal with dinner so shopped every couple of days. He would make spaghetti if I had to work late and fry bacon and eggs, on occasion. He was good at grilling out and in fact one of the first things he took  was the grill when he left to move in with the girlfriend.

My first serious boyfriend in college was in Hotel Restaurant Management and could cook well. I recall he would only eat corn or celery as vegetables and I love all vegetables. I don't consider corn one anyway as a starch.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Have you started your holiday baking?  As I recall you make a nice variety of sweets.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I have enjoyed cooking certain meals together. It’s been our date at home thing to do. He’s very good at chopping anything that needs chopped. 

Just last evening he made me an omelet which contained sautéed onions and red peppers and some cubed ham, then some sprinkled cheese. It was quite good! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, he has been cooking for me for 47 years.   I have always been thankful my MIL taught her sons how to cook, clean, and sew on buttons!  

My husband has always been able to do for himself around the house.   Anytime he was home and not working, he had supper waiting for me.   He has cooked turkey breasts, roast chicken, beef roasts, made cornbread and biscuits, so we had normal suppers, not just hot dogs or fried potatoes.   

In the 10 years since he became disabled, his ability to do household things has decreased.  He tries to do anything I ask and by now I know what is easiest for him, and stick to asking for those few things.   He prefers to cook breakfast, and likes to wash dishes.  Occasionally he feels up to vacuuming.   He cannot grill!   

Honored Contributor

No. I'd rather go out to eat lol. Now my FIL was an excellent cook. He could make anything. Very impressive.

Respected Contributor

No, when I met him he did know how to cook Minute Rice and was living on that with microwaved hamburger patties and frozen corn. 

After years of doing all the cooking, we now fend for ourselves for the most part unless I make something he likes, with those likes being very limited.

I am missing cooking meals but try to knock good ones out now and then.  Am using up leftover home roasted chicken, he hasn't touched it nor would he be inclined to make me a sandwich with it but would if I asked, although I'd get a "are you okay?" response. LOL

Honored Contributor

He can cook, but I prefer to do all the cooking. 

I rarely need help in the kitchen unless I have a crowd and here's right there for me.

I eat plant based and make sure that nothing ever *crosses over*.  I have certain pans that have never had meat, dairy, etc., cooked in them and I don't think he realizes that.

I always thought it would be a luxury for him to make the coffee in the morning, but even that---I'd rather do it.