Trusted Contributor

or do you have to remind yourself to smile and if so how many times a day?  I find myself not smiling enough and have to remind me to do so but not daily.  I think if I smiled more people would respond with a smile.  it's hard to do.  what do you say?

smiling.jpg

Honored Contributor

I laugh and smile all day long, every day.

I have to thank my two dogs for that.  They are always into some kind of mischief.

I also encounter people while walking my dogs every day.  I don't stop to talk usually, but I smile and say hello.

Respected Contributor

I normally smile too much. In some cultures not acceptable, like even in France a give away to be labeled American. I have good teeth thanks to braces but unfortunately NO ONE sees my mouth and rightfully so right now!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0  Yes. I smile most of the time, especially when I'm out. I know people can't see my smile, but they can see my eyes smile. There is so much fear out there, I think people need to see friendly faces. I taught for nearly 20 years and then was at a front desk for 20 years; so, smiling was always part of the job. And people told me my smile made them feel at ease.

Honored Contributor

With all this masking, I remind myself to smile at someone regardless, thinking they will somehow pick up my attitude. 

Esteemed Contributor

Of course! It's even more important to smile with a mask on! Other's will see your smile in your eyes.

Also, smile when answering the phone; your smile will appear in the tone of your friendly voice.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE to smile, and do so throughout the day; even while reading some of the endearing, or funny posts here on the boards.😉

When we smile at others, we are sending joy in that moment. Sometimes it is all that is needed to make someone's day; we never know what other people are going through.

Some people return a smile in kind; others do not, but the rewards you receive from casting a genuine smile, does not require reciprocity.😊

I think it is WONDERFUL that you are making the effort to smile more! The more you do it; the easier it gets.😊👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I normally smile too much. In some cultures not acceptable, like even in France a give away to be labeled American. I have good teeth thanks to braces but unfortunately NO ONE sees my mouth and rightfully so right now!!!

Americans get a bad rap for... smiling.

How dare we...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Of course I smile. I also laugh out loud. When I am with those I love, especially my three grandchildren, I look absolutely delirious. Despite there being far less to smile about this year, I still find opportunities to smile, and even laugh, these days.

Honored Contributor

I smile when I go out and still say  hey to people.  I figure it's the least I can do, no need to add to number of grouchy people. I imagine there are some that don't get much interaction and just being pleasant and smiling with your eyes can mean a lot.