Honored Contributor

When I smile, my eyes smile, too. I think whatever shows out of my mask takes on a new demeanor. I'm usually a happy person, thankful/grateful to others who help w/ bagging groceries, giving directions, etc.

I've given up a lot with this COVID. Smiling never. I still know there's a smile underneath the cloth. That matters to ME.

Honored Contributor

I'm noticing, especially in stores, some people actually keep eyes turned away and heads down. Now that depresses me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I smile all the time. It's hard not to with the my pets. 

Before the pandemic, I'd smile at folks in stores and a lot of times they would strike up a conversation with me. I think we all need human connection, I worry about people with this pandemic. I know I miss being around others, but I do have my dh and some friends/family I talk by on phone. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your great replies.  I am trying hard to remember to smile during the day.

smiling2.jpg

Honored Contributor

My smile is in my eyes, my laugh is as it has always been.  No holes barred.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not because I do not like my teeth

@SeaMaiden  - 2021 - get those veneers!  You deserve them and you will be so glad you did!  Do it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What difference does it make?  Nobody can see a smile when you're wearing a mask.

@Kachina624  - We can see your lovely smile in your eyes!!   Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, I wake up smiling.  Actually, that's a lie.  As I come out of the bedroom I'm smiling and clenching my teeth.  Like when you hear really great news.

I don't know when this started, I'm just aware that I do it.

I think I'm just so thankful for my life and the life that I have.

But I'm a smiler, for sure.  I'm proud of my smile.  My original teeth!  (Okay, I have 2 implants in the back.) They still look like the teeth in my senior picture.

Can't say I smile too much under my mask.  I try to stay away from people.  I do self checkout as much as possible just to avoid contact!

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Of course! It's even more important to smile with a mask on! Other's will see your smile in your eyes.

Also, smile when answering the phone; your smile will appear in the tone of your friendly voice.  

That is so true!

They actually handed out little standup mirrors in the Customer Service Dept. at the bank I worked for.  It said *Can your smile be heard?*

Everyone had one on their desks.  I always wanted one!

Valued Contributor

I'm a friendly person and am always ready with a smile when coming across people I know or strangers.  The mask hasn't stopped that.  I know we smile with our eyes as well as our mouths and people can see it.  I see it in others. I always feel just a little better when smiling at someone and getting a smile in return.