Honored Contributor

I don't smile a whole lot anymore, except if I'm out in the world around others.  I have always been one to smile and acknowledge the presence of others when we pass each other in the store or whatever.

What's kind of a drag is that it's changed now with wearing a mask.   But I still find myself  smiling, as it's a habit, but now I accompany that with a head nod or a goofy wave.   Smiley Happy   <--------   Here's a smile for ya!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: do you smile?

[ Edited ]

No, i really don't think i do, i frown much more ,got lines that let me know i do.But this is nothing new, not because of mask wearing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My day always starts with a big smile.

I belong to a group that videos changing of the guard at Windsor and Buckingham Palace and they post the band playing the Guards marching and it makes me grin from ear to ear to hear and see this - for me great start to my day!

Honored Contributor

What difference does it make?  Nobody can see a smile when you're wearing a mask.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 : Love your post, because it did put a smile on my face.

tenor.gif

Honored Contributor

I do not because I do not like my teeth

Honored Contributor

Aw,t hese posts made me smile. They are all such thoughtful and sweet responses, even the ones that don't.

I do smile a lot and I do think people can "see" a smile in our masks cause when I do smile with my mask on, they smile back!

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you!"Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I have always been a smiler and I still am, even if I feel down, which thankfully is not very often.  I agree with those who said people can see your smile in your eyes.  I wore a mask for thirty years in my dental field and always  smiled at my patients and they could always see it.

@SandySparkles  Yours was the sweetest post.

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@Kachina624 : Love your post, because it did put a smile on my face.

tenor.gif

Ok, this is driving me (more) crazy.   Who is this lady?  She looks so familiar, yet I cannot seem to connect in my brain as to who she is.

Respected Contributor

I am a big smiler and always greet people who I pass.  I taught Pre-K for 30 years and was always very conscious of how my facial expressions would look to my students.  I wanted to be happy, relaxed and fun-loving.  Hopefully I was!