Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Likes Bumper Stickers?

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

I've heard abt cars with military , American flag , Police  and patriotic  & religious stickers being  vandalized , so in this environment , I would not  apply  any of those types of stickers.

It's not only those bumper stickers, but  almost any  bumper sticker could get you run off the road.

You could have a bumper sticker that says that you 💗 shoes, and that will tick someone off, and they'll try to run you off of the road!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

My ex hated them so much my stepdaughters and I would put them on his truck to annoy him. I recall my Father being angry when we went to a water ski show in the 60s they had kids putting on  smi show advertizing bumper stickers on the parked cars which were not easy to remove.

I have a crystal hanging from my rear view mirror which alerts me to the car or a tissue box in the back window.

No, not a fan and some have a tacky messages. I  also dislike political ones for any party.  They are there years after the election! They  all get faded and torn and do not add to the vehicles appearance.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I've heard abt cars with military , American flag , Police  and patriotic  & religious stickers being  vandalized , so in this environment , I would not  apply  any of those types of stickers.

We have never had a problem. My husband has a US Army Retired license frame. Many military retirees in our area. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Maybe hub and I are living on the edge, but we aren't paranoid or shall I say concerned about random strangers following us home or whatever. I understand that car vandalism or opportunistic crime is a fear for some people. We are sensible but not necessarily afraid. Two words: concealed carry. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Maybe hub and I are living on the edge, but we aren't paranoid or shall I say concerned about random strangers following us home or whatever. I understand that car vandalism or opportunistic crime is a fear for some people. We are sensible but not necessarily afraid. Two words: concealed carry. 

@fairydogmother  Not everyplace allows this. But good for you.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Sorry you are incorrect. All fifty states allow concealed carry. The specific details of how and to whom permits are issued may vary by state. But all states allow it. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

That works great if YOU shoot first.

I have a concealed carry license too and I do, but I'm not willing to shoot someone (crazy or not) over a bumper sticker.

But that's just me......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Sorry you are incorrect. All fifty states allow concealed carry. The specific details of how and to whom permits are issued may vary by state. But all states allow it. 

@fairydogmother  Thank you very much for that info. I will research how I can get one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

That works great if YOU shoot first.

I have a concealed carry license too and I do, but I'm not willing to shoot someone (crazy or not) over a bumper sticker.

But that's just me.....

I didn't say we would shoot anyone. My comment referred to someone following us home and/or threatening our lives or property. Maybe I should have been more specific 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother  Thank you very much for that info. I will research how I can get one.

@fairydogmother  There seems to be a problem in my county for these type of permits.