Honored Contributor

I don't wanna look like my own GRANDMA !!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Big news:  milestone birthdays aren't just the ones that end in 0, like 50,60,70,80. I turned 75 a few months ago. I considered it as much a milestone as when I turned 65, which I thought of as a milestone. 

I don't wait a decade to acknowledge the big ones. I especially recognize the birthdays that end in 5 as well as those of 0.  In between,  birthdays are just, uh, birthdays. Milestones are on the 5's and 0's. For me, anyway. 

Regular Contributor

I will celebrate my 65th birthday in a couple of months.

I'm giving myself an aft facing balcony suite on a Hawaiian cruise. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

In a few years, Lord willing, I'll hit 80.  As a present to myself, I will go braless at the house.  My mind has left the building.  

If you're having a milestone birthday (one that ends in zero) 60, 70, 80 etc., what present have you given to yourself?  This will be a real, turning over a new stone.  LOL

I like your attitude. I'm hitting a big 0 soon and it's a little scary. I see Mom in the mirror. My body tells me I'm old but my head says I'm still 35.  

This year has been the roughest - too many losses and tragedies. I should expect these given my age but they are never easy. I keep trying to find the good in things and the best way is helping others. 

However, I still plan to mow, plow snow, garden, donate time to charities, work with refugees, read, have a great social life, play with and walk the best dog ever, participate in politics, etc etc.. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal,

I do that now sometimes and I'm 72!

No photo description available.

Contributor

I just  turned 70 last month and my gift to myself was suppose to be a new sports car.  Can not find one to buy. I guess because of the strike, but I keep looking!

Also, I get to collect my own SS.   YAY!!! 

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

Happy early birthday!  This is amusing to me.  I'll be 66 in a few months.  Since I retired,  I only wear a bra when I need to go out somewhere.  I thought that I was alone.  Yay!

Respected Contributor

Do it! I can't.

I feel uncomfortable flippin' and floppin' around.  I am large chested. I think I was born wearing playtex! Now I wear Wacoal. 😝 

Respected Contributor

Re: When I turn 80

[ Edited ]

It's hard for me to find bras that come with a 32 band size. I've found several I've picked up from Victorias Secret, but I really wish the Q would offer some. I can't believe Breezies doesn't. I've heard people say to just go up one band size & down a cup size, but that doesn't work at all for me. It's very ill fitted.

Honored Contributor

I work from home, but still get fully dressed daily - including a bra.  No makeup though.