Trusted Contributor

Re: What word or term are you using too often lately?

”Maybe” and “perhaps”. . . Two words I have never cared much for, but life is full of uncertainties. The older I get, the more certain that becomes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find myself using an expression that many people dislike.  It is........ I know, right?  I say it so much that my five year old grandson has been saying it too.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat: My SIL “actually” and thinks it make her sound intelligent. One year for Valentine’s Day sent her M&M candies : Custom phrase : Actually, Betty Sue. My DH her brother, still giggles about that one. Last time she visited, I handed him a nickel every time she said- actually and then she realized what I was doing. Yep for real. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

jeez!

and I like to notice and point out things that are sparkly (a good thing!)

so one of the first words my grandson learned this year was, yep, "sparkly". I was so proud lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't be afraid, my little Yorkie doesn't like the hot air machine, broiler, or oven.  If hubs makes something & it gives off smoke, or like yesterday, sent the smoke detector off, she shakes and is scared.  She seems to have a new fear of these things.  She won't stay on the deck if he is grilling, or if the guy next door has his fireplace going (smoke).  My other Yorkies never were this way.  This little dearheart, we got at 5 mos. old.  I don't know what ever happened to her for this way of behavior.  I asked the lady who we got her from and she had no idea why our little one reacts this way.  So...we are trying to teach her, it's ok and to not be fearful.  Maybe in time.  

Super Contributor

Dad-gum-it!

- or -

Dang!

Don’t know where I picked those phrases up, but I say them all the time now!

Hugs . . .   Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

me:  It's wine o'clock.   You betcha!      Holy Moly

DH: ....."by the way"....... & ......"but what do I know"....& ...."I hear you"

Respected Contributor

" You can't fix stupid "

Esteemed Contributor

The price is too high still--you can keep it.

Trusted Contributor

My co workers use the word crazy WAY too much for most every situation that requires some response.

Example: Oh no, the fire alarm keeps going off.  Typical response: That's crazy.

Another: My neighbor had her house burglarized. Again: That's crazy.

How about saying, that's annoying, or that's disruptive, or any other word than crazy?

It is such a lazy, no response response.

Use your words people.

Of course, now I have to stop myself from saying it too.  Ugh.