Honored Contributor

Re: What is out of stock in your market?

[ Edited ]

That would be nice to do. My Dad always had a nice garden.  Where I am now, there is no place for one.

I have not cooked much ever from scratch. I never preserved food but to freeze some!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

What I think should happen is supermarkets closing for a day so all the shelves can be stocked by the employees and the vendors that do their own stocking.

When you read that there are so many empty shelves that weren't stocked overnight what's the point of opening. 

This makes sense to me. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had bagged salad mix and a bag of spinach on my list this morning.  The produce shelves were a bit bare.  The "greens" were not available .... spinach, cabbage, lettuce, celery.  I was so in the mood for a wilted spinach salad w/beets (canned) and feta cheese.  I have everything but the spinach!

I did get some potates and onions, and a big bag of grapes.  Meat, and dairy were well stocked.  Frozen foods were so-so.  Bread shelf was half empty.

But  .... there were delivery trucks outside and some pallets in front of the store.  I'll stop by again tomorrow.  It's just down the street.

I have the spinach...could you please share your recipe.

Honored Contributor

Got back from grocery store about 1/2 hour ago.  About a dozen people in the store .... only two checkers open and no one on line .... so you can tell how busy they are.

Everything on my list was in stock .... but when I got home, I realized that I forgot to put some things on my list that I'm runnng low on.  Next trip ....

---------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had bagged salad mix and a bag of spinach on my list this morning.  The produce shelves were a bit bare.  The "greens" were not available .... spinach, cabbage, lettuce, celery.  I was so in the mood for a wilted spinach salad w/beets (canned) and feta cheese.  I have everything but the spinach!

I did get some potates and onions, and a big bag of grapes.  Meat, and dairy were well stocked.  Frozen foods were so-so.  Bread shelf was half empty.

But  .... there were delivery trucks outside and some pallets in front of the store.  I'll stop by again tomorrow.  It's just down the street.

Valued Contributor

no cream cheese......

Honored Contributor

Talked to my husband's aunt, and she was furious at not being able to find her brand of butter, cereal, bread, toilet paper, paper towels, and Tylenol, at Kroger. Per her daughter, there is no Tylenol or generic acetaminophen to be found in local stores.
Respected Contributor

Although on line said Walgreens store had hand sanitizer and disinfectant, none available. No TP or paper products.
Honored Contributor

FYI:

I wanted to say I went to get a few cards at Dollar Tree today.

They had hand sanitizer, tp, clorox wipes, face masks, alcohol, and most things other stores didn't.

Although they are their brand I'm sure they are just as good.  I was surprised as I hadn't thought of looking there.

The clerk told us they receive shipments and do not hold stock back.  

Respected Contributor

I went to "senior shopping hours" at GIant this morn - began at 6am and I got there at 6:30 and it was very calm. 

These areas of store were out or running low - cereal, ground beef, and liquid hand soap aisle.  I haven't bought bar soap in years but all the soap in pump dispensers was all gone so bar soap it was cuz if it was good enough in the old days so it's good enough now!

I was running very low on coffee and 1/2 and 1/2.  That's my can't do without item.  They were just refilling the meat case when I was leaving and the thing I was most surpised about - no one seemed in a hurry or agitated bc ppl were taking their time - they just waited and everyone seemed very cordial to each other.  Saw a real "we're all in this together" attitude.  In the parking lot as I was unloading the few things I picked up, a gentleman approached with a wipe and offered to take my cart so I didn't have to go a few aisles over to return it bc it was raining here.  

Honored Contributor

We went to grocery store last PM. I could not believe how empty ALL the shelves were,

Frozen foods,paper products,diary,everything. I am reading a book about the aftermath of Pearl Harbor. It was like that after the attack and a lot of hoarding.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man