Respected Contributor

Re: What is out of stock in your market?

[ Edited ]

Texas (yesterday) - local Sam's had no toilet paper but they did have paper towels, bottled water, disposable gloves and most everything else I needed.  They had eggs with a limit of one carton. 

Honored Contributor

The better ? is what's NOT?

I just decided there is no reason to make a point to go at Sr. times, early morning, etc. thinking I'll be getting the things on my list.

I now approach the food store with "if it's there on the shelf then I'll get it!". Then figure out what our weekly menu will be.

No matter what  time/day I've gone to store: no paper products, frozen vegs or good selection of most things.  Forget about the meat, bread and dairy cases😮

Honored Contributor

We live in central PA.  A week ago our market was out of eggs.  On Friday they had eggs again which had doubled in price from the last time I bought them.  But I was able to find large eggs.

Last week that had no Tide detergent.  This week I bought the last one.

We are seniors and can go to Giant from 6 to 7 am.  I've heard a lot of complaints the shelves are not stocked at that time so people aren't able to get what they need.  6 am is really early for seniors too.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

My Husband made his once weekly Saturday trip to Safeway yesterday... they had TP and It was one package per person... so we got one package and some kleenex that they also had.... things are getting better....