Honored Contributor

Re: What is out of stock in your market?

[ Edited ]

I didn’t even know they still sold powdered milk. Haven’t been able to find regular oatmeal anywhere, not even online. Am glad we usually buy our tp and paper towels at Costco so we have plenty, but we are using paper towels up quickly since we are using them instead of hand towels in the bathrooms.

Clorox wipes were being sold at Costco two days ago if you took your cart to the back of the store, got in a line, and allowed an employee to put one package of them in your basket, and then moved on with the rest of your shopping. SIL went there...I don't know how they are keeping Costco open unless they are restricting the number of shoppers inside at a time. They seem to have at least a hundred employees working each time I have been there.

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

@depglass 

Nothing that we really need. We are pretty well set for the long haul. My wife is not home and what I eat is well stocked(cereal/popcorn/milk/clementines/banana). 

My wife has 2 freezers full of her food. If she needs it she will drive the 40 miles to stock up while at her cousin's house Pet Sitting.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Just as all this was starting to appear I made sure to buy fresh yeast, a fresh bag of flour and evaporated milk.

It won't go to waste and if we don't use the evaporated milk we can give it to our food bank.

So far though we have been able to get milk and bread when we've needed it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass 

Unlike your husband and most other humans, I do not put milk on my cereals. I eat it out of a bowl with several cereals mixed together. Pretty much the same way most people would eat a snack.

I do not eat meals. The way I eat is called "grazing" and most of my foods need no cooking, except for popping my corn. Been eating this way for years, with a few changes depending on my physical condition and "conditioning"

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@embgm wrote:

.     We had no bread ,rolls, soup,minimal canned veggies, minimal frozen food of any kind, toilet paper,paper towels, hand sanitizer,Clorox or any disinfectant wipes . They did have a few cans of Lysol. They had very little meat of any kind.

By the way I live in Pa. where the Governor has closed all non life sustaining businesses.

I am in Maryland  -  we are getting some of your Liquor store business.  What did they think would happen ...?

Respected Contributor

Yep no baking anything, no canned or dry soups, no chicken, red meat only expenisive cuts not many can afford. these shelves will not be stocked went monday & thursday no change in stock. forget  any paper products glad to find cat food . If want chips or soda we got it also good with fruit or fresh veggies. Think if you need certain things got to go to different stores can't rely on one store. We finally had milk & eggs but 2 per customer. Frozen food good luck you will not find your brands. Mostly out of stock also.  

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

Still no TP, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes.  I haven't been out in a few days but I hear that is the case via Facebook. I sure hope paper towels and hand sanitizer come back in stock.  I'm good on cleaners, for now, but am running low on spray Lysol.

A big problem for me is that someone in town has been gluten free hoarding.  I had been wondering "gee how many people have gone gluten free in this town" since about three weeks ago. Now I know why. The frozen bread area is empty of any reasonably priced GF bread product.  

I feel badly for those that have celiac disease. What are they supposed to do? 

I have Celiac Disease and I have no problems finding food to eat.  There is always meat,,veggies and fruit and most dairy products.  I can live without gluten free cardboard bread products.  Some are good, but most aren't worth buying.

I so agree as i too have celiac disease.

@Carmie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

Still no TP, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes.  I haven't been out in a few days but I hear that is the case via Facebook. I sure hope paper towels and hand sanitizer come back in stock.  I'm good on cleaners, for now, but am running low on spray Lysol.

A big problem for me is that someone in town has been gluten free hoarding.  I had been wondering "gee how many people have gone gluten free in this town" since about three weeks ago. Now I know why. The frozen bread area is empty of any reasonably priced GF bread product.  

I feel badly for those that have celiac disease. What are they supposed to do? 

I have Celiac Disease and I have no problems finding food to eat.  There is always meat,,veggies and fruit and most dairy products.  I can live without gluten free cardboard bread products.  Some are good, but most aren't worth buying.

I have celiac disease and I so agree with you. Stay safe.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i just got back from the walmart store. i guess yesterday since it was Saturday, the whole town bought out the store! Smiley Sad   soo much of all types of food were sold out, shelves empty. not just canned.

they did have signs to limit things like soap, sanitizer, milk, and more. but they did not have any hand sanitizer, no hand wipes, no toilet paper, glad i didnt need any tp.

the canned aisle was almost totally wiped out, as was pasta, rice, and all that stuff.

NO potatoes. Much produce gone.

my wondering is if they are closing now at 8:30 PM to stock shelves, they didnt at least in my store!!! i got some of what i needed thankfully.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I just got a large grocery order from Aldi's. They had almost everything, even toilet paper. What they didn't have was crackers. I enjoy my crackers, cheese, and wine before dinner. I shall have to improvise.

Respected Contributor

A Plan for the future