Valued Contributor

Re: What hobbies might you be working on today?

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I'm knitting socks. I love making them! 

I'm a sock addict.   I just finished a pair of glitter Christmas socks for me.  My needles are smoking hot waiting for me to cast on  Christmas socks for my son. He already put his order in..:Christmas socks, regular socks, a sweater, and a new hat and scarf set. His socks will not, obviously, be glitter.  I knit other things like sweaters, scarfs, cowls, afghans, and hats, hats, and  more hats but my true passion is socks.  I find knitting, while enjoying a cup of tea, so relaxing.  Have fun.

Respected Contributor

Just got done weeding and trimming flower beds and shrubs which I have many.

I'll read this afternoon.  Currently reading Jurassic Park.

Respected Contributor

I've been working on writing 2 novels at once for over a year. I wasn't really into the 2nd one and worked mostly on the 1st one. Then I had to finish packing up my house, move 2,500 miles across the country, unpack, and get settled.

So now I'm writing on the 2nd novel again. I can't say why, but I'm very engaged with the theme and plot of it now. I'm more than halfway done and will finish in less than a month.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Will tidy up my Little Free Library- remove the books, brush out any debris, reorganize books to make selections look fresher, restock bookmarks. 

Might stroll around downtown. Our small city has a vibrant downtown area with tons of shops, boutiques and a lovely Central Park. And several lakes.  Better check afternoon temps first. It's mid 90s every day. So a morning excursion may be better. 

Somewhere in my day will be house cleaning. Low on the list right now. Haha

Little Free Library....that is very nice

what got you started on it 

I've loved going to the library since I was a young child. For a few years I've thought about opening a Little Free Library. In Feb. 2021, our local public library closed for a projected year long renovation. That was the impetus I needed. My husband built it. I'm the official Steward, registered with the Little Free Library global organization. It continues to be hugely popular and self-sustaining. I never have to purchase books to replenish inventory. 
EBD2387B-C5C3-412A-932D-977EABB0E73A.jpeg

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too nice out to stay inside and make some birthday cards.  Instead, I'll do some outdoor chores, then sit on my little front porch and read for awhile.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to meditate, while trimming my Bonsai tree. Okay, not really.

Have to clean house this weekend, before someone calls for a welfare check.  I'll pretend it's a hobby :-). 

Respected Contributor

Finish another donation quilt that's half done.  I made a new pattern for bowl cozy and I might make another.  I'm also making an ice cream cozy that will fit the Ben and Jerry's size container, or use it for oatmeal, cup of noodles, etc.

Honored Contributor

Finishing up knitting a hat and scarf for our local churches.  Will start on a baby blanket soon.  Have plenty of yarn and I'm so grateful I learned to knit.  It's keeping me sane--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Er, does cleaning count?  Stuff I've put off forever.

Esteemed Contributor

@docsgirl My mom use to crochet baby blankets, they were so beautiful!   Your post made me think of that and how she also made us all winter hats every year for Christmas.  It became so funny over all the years as each Christmas we would take a picture with my siblings and all our kids with our new hats on by the tree!  LOL , those are great memories and thankfully we have the pictures still as she passed on 10 years ago.

Thanks for your post today Smiley Happy