Esteemed Contributor

Re: What hobbies might you be working on today?

I don't really have interesting hobbies.  I'm just doing laundry and dishes, then later going out to see my cousins band playing at a local farm where they are hosting "cruise night".

All the old antique and fancy cars are there to admire, it's fun and the weather is great today in the northeast.........I may even need a jacket when the sun starts to set, Yay!!!

Esteemed Contributor

We went bike riding early this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm about to cut out some fabric for a knit top for myself.  I've been meaning to get to it for a while!  Sewing always relaxes me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I don't really have hobbies.  I'm going to get my nails and pedicure, may stop at Ulta, then I'm coming home to do laundry & ironing.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Will tidy up my Little Free Library- remove the books, brush out any debris, reorganize books to make selections look fresher, restock bookmarks. 

Might stroll around downtown. Our small city has a vibrant downtown area with tons of shops, boutiques and a lovely Central Park. And several lakes.  Better check afternoon temps first. It's mid 90s every day. So a morning excursion may be better. 

Somewhere in my day will be house cleaning. Low on the list right now. Haha

Little Free Library....that is very nice

what got you started on it 

I've loved going to the library since I was a young child. For a few years I've thought about opening a Little Free Library. In Feb. 2021, our local public library closed for a projected year long renovation. That was the impetus I needed. My husband built it. I'm the official Steward, registered with the Little Free Library global organization. It continues to be hugely popular and self-sustaining. I never have to purchase books to replenish inventory. 
EBD2387B-C5C3-412A-932D-977EABB0E73A.jpeg

This is so awesome!  Kuddos to you for making books available to everyone!  You made my day!  😊

Valued Contributor

I've pretty much given up my hobbies..

I am always too stressed to concentrate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My new hobby & class that I currently take on Saturday mornings at a local art center located in an old farmhouse which is handmade felting.  I'm currently making a scarf out of merino wool & silk.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I'm knitting socks. I love making them! 

I never learned how to knit but I'm thinking of taking a class in a local shop this fall.  I'm going to be a grandma for the first time (very excited!!) and would like to make something for the baby. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9  Congratulations on soon becoming a Grandmother.  It's wonderful,so much fun and the love you will feel for that child is a whole new experience!!  Enjoy the knitting class, by the way.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

We have a chocolate Lab puppy and my hobby now is teaching her tricks.  She's so smart she learns quickly and I enjoy working with her. Taught her to roll over in about two minutes.  Our older dog is a little 9 lb. diva, she just watches us and yawns.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth