Honored Contributor

Re: What hobbies might you be working on today?

@MoJoV Thank you so much!  We are all very excited....been waiting a long time for this!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm learning how to walk again. I had surgery on my leg Friday and it hurts like a bear. But, I am upright, though very slow. 

My favorite summer hobbies are outside so it's been tough having someone else mow, garden, and doing projects this year. My neighbor and I hire a man from the local Catholic Worker House. In addition to paying him for work done, I've given him new bedding and other things he's needed to get a little apartment. He has had a rough life and is trying to rebuild and I'm happy to be able to help him do that.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 You may want to check out loom knitting. Super easy to do especially with a figure eight stitch. Check out videos on YouTube. I have made tons of blankets. Great beginner intro into knitting. 

When my sisters had babies, I gifted each one with a cross stitch baby blanket which is also super easy especially if you get the stamped version. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   I made a felted purse (clutch) years ago. It was fun and I still have the purse.

Currently, I have no hobbies, I used to quilt, but have not made anything for several years.  I also like to strip and repaint or restain furniture.  There is a short window of time in my area to do that...to hot or muggy, paint or stain does not dry well.  Early spring or late summer is the best time.  I have a small 4 drawer dresser I would like to work on this fall.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! You ladies who write! So impressive!

Presently, I've got writers' block! I need an outline for a new book series I was conscripted to do: My soon-to-be 6-year old granddaughter's stuffed rabbit's first in the series, Bunny's Adventures. I already do a series for the older GD. 

I should be practicing, although music is not a hobby but part of my life!

And neither is latch-hooking. I've got a quarter yet to go of my swans.

Swans Printed  Latch Hook Kit 50x74cm Orchidea

Esteemed Contributor

Addendum: Ah! Thank you!! I can't explain it, but this was just what I need for that spurt of creativity! The whole story is now flowing!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal What are your 2 projects you are working on?

I love to crochet, it's very soothing, but I do mostly wash cloths. 

I have made some hats & scarves, but you have to pay too much attention.

Wash cloths are fast & useful.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda That is a lot of mowing.

Good thing you LOVE to do it!

Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 I went to a knitting class, but the teacher wasn't great.

Went to a crochet class. Same teacher! Oy.

I do know basic crochet not & would love to try knitting again.

Socks seem daunting.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe Jurassic Park was such a great book. I remember when I first read it I though it would be a good movie, too!