Valued Contributor

Re: What do you Think about.......

A few years ago before I started shopping on QVC, a sales girl in Ulta introduced me to a new line, IT Cosmetics for the over 50 crowd.  I now only use their foundation Confidence in a Compact. It's not at all heavy or thick and I get many compliments on my skin.

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1---many years ago the "Q" offered a line from Diane Young Skincare.  She is a woman "of a certain age" and she has a large shop/following in NYC (much the same as Laura Geller's shop is in NYC).   Anyway, the line is bent toward women "of a certain age" and there is skin care and makeup, etc.  So you might check out her web page to see if she answers your needs.

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees,   Thank you.  I will take a look at her website.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Makeup I could wear 20 years ago won't work for me now. I can't get any powder based products to look very good. The creams and liquids can look just as bad if not applied with a light hand. My solution is to use less product and keep away from the black eyeliner, overly illuminated highlighters, and heavy contouring!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

a makeup line for women 50 and over?  I personally would love to see someone start a mid/high range (like Stila or Laura Mercier) products that are strictly for 50 and over skin.  Eye shadows and liners that compliment mature women as well as foundations, tinted moisturizers, blush, lipsticks, etc.  If I had the money and resources I would love to start one up.  What do you think?  Good idea?  Bad idea?    HeartCat HappySmiley Wink

it's more about how you apply it than the products, granted glitter eyeshadow is only for kids, but most product can work for everyone 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@makena,  When you see over 50 gals still wearing black eye liner and the wrong color blush you wish there was somewhere to specifically go to for the right choices.  That's how I feel but you have your opinion too.  Most makeup is geared toward younger women and mature women will look silly if they think they can wear some of the younger makeup.

@Katcat1@makena,It seems that Bobbi Brown has good color without shimmer.