Honored Contributor

Re: Using Deodorant At Night?

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I bought some Secret Clinical deodorant, and the directions say to use it at night.  I take my shower in the morning, so I have to use it then.  I'm not finding that it works very well though.  I noticed that the active ingredient is exactly the same as what is in my Mitchum Advanced Control, and it doesn't say to use at night.

I wish I could find a deodorant that really controls well.

I sweat a lot - my body temp never went back to normal after menopause.  And I'm terrified of body odor.  I've been around too many people who think they don't smell but they do.  

I always use a combination of anti-perspirant and deoderant.  I love Mitchum Advanced Control unscented for men.  It's the same thing as in women's but usually costs less.  I have also used Mitchum Sensitive Solid. I use it after showering whether it's night or morning.  These are the best I've found that I can afford.  

Secret used to work for me and I used it for years.  I don't know if they changed the ingredients or if my body changed but it quit working for me in my early 50s.  I've used Mitchum ever since.

Honored Contributor

I think deodorant is like perfume. It works differently on different people. It  is a body chemistry type issue

Honored Contributor

I use Schmidt's Rose Vanilla once per day after I take a shower.

I think I could get by without using deodorant at all.

I have never noticed any odor from my armpits.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking and only guessing that it's the aluminum in the anti-perspirant that could be a problem, being it's so close to the lymph glands.

The straight deodorants probably are fragrance based, to hide/mask any odors.

Anyway, I only use unscented antiperspirants only for events that I might be attending, to prevent obvious moisture on my dress, tops, etc. 

I don't seem to have a daily odor, but who knows. (?)

If one needs a quick anti-odor fix, use a bit of antiseptic  mouthwash (such as List*rine or store brands) in the underarms, or a bit of Vodka.

A small bottle of mouthwash can be kept in your car, but Vodka........I wouldn't recommend to have it sitting there on your front seat while driving..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I used Secret and others for years.  This year I started buying a deodorant without aluminum.  It seems to work fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have used mitchems and secert and oh boy did it burn my pits.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

You can try Botox for your pits.  It stops all the sweating.  I imagine it would last a few months or so, but I don't really know.

I think people who stink often don't know they stink. Otherwise, why wouldn't they do something about it?  Personally I know when I stink. I use Secret clinical and I think it's better than the other non clinical ones, but it's not 100% foolproof.  Oh well that's life.  We are gonna sweat, what can you do.

Honored Contributor

p.s.: When at home:

I also use refrigerated unscented baby wipes on humid, warmer days, to freshen my arms, legs, etc., etc.

Very refreshing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).