Respected Contributor

Showers and baths every day?

Watching the talk yesterday,  the subject of daily showers came up and Guest host Vanessa Marcil said she does not shower every day and her boyfriend complained to their therapist about it. She said she does not want to get her hair wet and have to redo it.  I am retired and usually only take one shower a day but when I worked,  I took one before work and one before bedtime.   With oily face and scalp always have washed hair everyday.   I am just curious if most people shower or bathe every day.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Showers and baths every day?

[ Edited ]

Only take a shower daily and sometimes twice in a day during the summer when it's hot and humid.  During the winter every other day. My skin gets too dry if taken everyday. Never take a bath.

Honored Contributor

Apparently, Vanessa has never heard of shower caps!  And, if she took a bath, she wouldn't even need a shower cap.  

But the fact that she and her boyfriend are both in therapy ... one can only guess ....

My morning bubble bath is fantastic!   I give myself 1/2 hr to soak in the hot soapy water, and shampoo everyday. 

Respected Contributor

Absolutely.  I have very naturally curly hair and when I have it straightened at the salon, I like to wear it like that for 2 days.  I cannot NOT shower, so on that day, I put my hair in a shower cap and shower as usual.  There are ways to protect a hair style and still get your body clean. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a bath person but I do take a shower each night.   That's my favorite part of the evening. I take a shower then do my face cleansing and teeth brushing routine and then settle down to watch TV.

I wouldn't feel comfortable getting into bed without showering. That said, I have known people who say they don't shower every day.  If they haven't done much that day they don't feel the need.   Some feel that it dries out your skin.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Watching the talk yesterday,  the subject of daily showers came up and Guest host Vanessa Marcil said she does not shower every day and her boyfriend complained to their therapist about it. She said she does not want to get her hair wet and have to redo it.  I am retired and usually only take one shower a day but when I worked,  I took one before work and one before bedtime.   With oily face and scalp always have washed hair everyday.   I am just curious if most people shower or bathe every day.  

You know I think this is a perfect example of TMI. Why would she even share this? It seems like some of these people think they are important enough that we would  want to know that they don't bathe daily.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely, at least 1 🚿 daily. I don’t let dh 🛌 without shower.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

I take a shower every morning and sometimes in the summer I will take a quick shower in the evening.  My hair is very dry so I don't wash it every day.  I do wash it about three times a week.  I never take baths.

Honored Contributor

It depends on a person's body and their daily activities.  Some people perspire much more than others.  Some people do physical labor or have jobs that get them dirty or grimy.  Others sit in an air conditioned office all day.  It's another thing in which there is no 
"one size fits all" rule.  If you get sweaty, dirty  or stinky during the day,  you know you have to shower daily or maybe even twice a day.  If you have a strong body odor, you need to shower daily.  However, some people perspire very little and they don't have to shower daily unless they want to.  They can shower 2-3 times a week and just wash up at the sink on their non-shower days.  Sort of just wash the stinky parts.  However, anyone who gets smelly, probably should take a shower every day.  I know some people must wash their hair every day but I never in my life understood that.  My hair doesn't get greasy, if I washed my hair every day, I'd have brillo on top of my head.   As for not taking a shower because she doesn't want to get her hair wet.  I wash my hair every 5 days and shower once, sometimes twice a day and I don't wear shower cap and my doesn't get wet.  I don't  stand right under the shower spray.  I adjust the spray so that it's directed at my body but not the top of my head.  So that woman's excuse about her hair is ridiculous.  Has she never heard of shower caps?