Esteemed Contributor

Re: Using Deodorant At Night?

I use Degree baby powder scent. Works well for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I live in the high desert and just started using Certain-Dri.  It really works!!

Honored Contributor

None of us need to use deodorate.  It's just the people around us who do.  

ALL of the people around us.  

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I love Secret deodorant which I use daily. It keeps me dry and comfortable.

I have a friend who told me she no longer needs deodorant. The issue is that she does and has become immune to her own scent. Often times as we age, we simply do not have the same sense of smell. That's why I would never give up wearing deodorant. Same when people put on too much perfume and don't smell it themselves.

I agree with you.

It is a fact our sense of smell decreases when we age.  I've often stood next to an elderly person who has the stale, dirty clothes scent. Their clothing is not old nor do they look to be homeless . It is just the smell of stale sweat and dirty clothes.

Trusted Contributor

It's recdomended that you use all antiperspirants at night because you are cooler and your sweat glands are not as activated. It doens't just sit on your skin. the ingredients actually plug up the sweat glands and should last at least a day.

Respected Contributor

Something is weird , it seem like things happen in groups, I am having issues with deodorant also, it must be something in our invioroment, or food, because all of a sudden problems come in groups.Also with illnesses very strange. Or stress just got worse.I would vote for that one also.

Regular Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia , you're absolutely right, deodorants are full of ****** that your putting into your body.  Try something more organic...tragedy waiting to happen. I stopped years ago, I work out alot and live in the hottest part of the U.S. Currently using a product called "Pitpaste".

Honored Contributor

I use Lady Mitchum ... never had an issue.   I use it in morning and I'm always "dry.."  I've used it for years.

Honored Contributor

I use scented Mitchum, not Lady Mitchum, and have since I was a teenager.  I apply it after my shower, no matter what time it is.

I am 100% dry and never sweat or get clothing ruined.  If I have to skip, say for a mammogram, I am still dry.

My husband uses the same.  We use it because it works.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a good friend in her late 60s who no longer uses deodorant/anti-perspirant. She says she doesn't need it anymore. Unfortunately she obviously can't smell the odor she exudes, but I sure can. I've told her she might want to rethink her decision - to no avail. I suppose it's possible to have no body odor....or not. Maybe you don't notice it, but maybe others do. Just saying.