Respected Contributor

Re: The Day I Was Forgiven (Long)

[ Edited ]

@artisto wrote:

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Exactly my point, thank you @artisto 

Honored Contributor

I can’t think of anything I did that left me feeling guilty and in need of forgiveness.I don’t know if that is a character flaw or if I am lucky enough to get through life without causing injury to another.I have always worried that my actions could cause harm to another ...maybe I am really lucky or just unaware....knock on wood!

Regular Contributor

It would seem to me that you should have been in full control of the bear mace before leaving your home, just as you would be in control of any other weapon.

Esteemed Contributor

It would seem to me most folks would know that bear spray probably never caused a death. There is a big difference in bear spray and a gun. It was an accident. 

There is a thing called empathy, its a nice thing to have.

Respected Contributor

@happycatThanks!

OP it was an accident and I was not in the habit of carrying anything and was just trying to protect my little old dog!

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I can't say for sure but I hope so..My aunt and uncle forgave the teacher that killed their son ,as he crossed the road, after getting off the school bus

I don't know if the teacher ever forgave himslef

@cherryThat is so sad!  Sorry for your family loss!  There was a wonderful doctor in my home town that ran over and killed a child.  It ruined his life and he quit his practice he could not forgive himself for this terrible accident.  Our whole town suffered both losses.

Honored Contributor

The rod we make for our own back, is far worse than anything, anyone else could ever devise

Regular Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@happycatThanks!

OP it was an accident and I was not in the habit of carrying anything and was just trying to protect my little old dog!

Well, I can certainly have empathy for trying to protect one's little old dog...